Sponsored

What will Tesla's response to the R3X look like?

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

For an actual serious answer, I think Tesla will make a small hatchback with similar design elements to the Model 3.

Someone I know in the industry was pretty convinced that Tesla’s eventual Mexico factory would be responsible for this new model. I’d consider this a speculative answer, albeit from someone better informed on where the industry is going.
Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
We all know the Cybertruck only came to market because Rivian turned out to be a formidable opponent in the EV space.
Really? Musk said he was going to build a truck many years ago. Definitely more than 10 years ago. I don't think it had anything to do with Rivian.... it was his plan all along. Similarly, he's supposed to be building his two seat sports car, right? That's taking forever too....

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
I think Tesla was initially going after the Ford F150 with the CyberTruck back in 2019. Pricing it just under $40K was going to wipe Ford off the map. Four years later the CT didn’t deliver its promised specs at that price, but it did become its own unique thing, and I think it will continue to improve over time. Demand is still high mainly because it’s such a unique vehicle.

As for the R3 and R3X (my favorite), I don’t think Tesla is going after the luxury compact crossover market. The Tesla Model 2, or whatever it ends up being called, will probably be a smaller cheaper version of their already best-selling Model Y. Unless they create a performance/off-road variant, as seems to be the trend with all automakers these days.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
BREAKING!!!!! Tesla announces next vehicle!!!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Not a direct competitor, but small possibility may see one or two delivered be the time the R3 is out.

Rivian R1T R1S What will Tesla's response to the R3X look like? Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 11.49.33 PM