Sponsored

Wind noise (roof) R1S

Do you experience wind noise at speeds above 55mph?

• Come on, man, you knew what you got into buying a vehicle from a start up company, stop complaining

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I know this topic has come up in a few threads but does anyone else exigeriez en really loud wind noise in their R1S at speed above 55?
Ours is so loud, it reminds me of our Jeep Wrangler. It doesn’t seem normal since it’s a “solid” roof.
Any known issues?
Sponsored

gt2690b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I know this topic has come up in a few threads but does anyone else exigeriez en really loud wind noise in their R1S at speed above 55?
Ours is so loud, it reminds me of our Jeep Wrangler. It doesn’t seem normal since it’s a “solid” roof.
Any known issues?
Did you perhaps leave a bike up there?

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
I get a lot of wind noise after above 50mph, but not sure where it's coming from. Going 80-90 and it gets pretty loud. Rivian said it was normal after taking it on a drive, but I'll have to start taping areas up to see if it's from the front windshield, window area, or the top. The long rectangular piece going from the front of the car to the rear is a little loose.

OP
OP

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
yes. Definitely more noticeable at 50mph and above. I even did all of those gadgets from some members in facebook forum to eliminate it but it only helps a little bit. Seriously, I can't identify the source though. I have an appointment at SC in couple weeks and will see what they say.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just get wind noise from the roof and it is the gap between the roof glass and the applique. Have you taped that up with painters tape all the way across? The SC did that when diagnosing wind noise after fixing my triangle window and they left the tape...once I removed it the noise returned....the vehicle will be noisy no matter what if there is any cross breeze though. Some days mine is quiet, some days it sounds like a twister is nearby.

OP
OP

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

yes. Definitely more noticeable at 50mph and above. I even did all of those gadgets from some members in facebook forum to eliminate it but it only helps a little bit. Seriously, I can't identify the source though. I have an appointment at SC in couple weeks and will see what they say.
Yes. Put in a service request for a few things and the wind noise.

OP
OP

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I just get wind noise from the roof and it is the gap between the roof glass and the applique. Have you taped that up with painters tape all the way across? The SC did that when diagnosing wind noise after fixing my triangle window and they left the tape...once I removed it the noise returned....the vehicle will be noisy no matter what if there is any cross breeze though. Some days mine is quiet, some days it sounds like a twister is nearby.
Painters tape. I’ll definitely try that. Thank you

vista1984

First Name
Wan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Mine has wind noise also in high speed also. but it is hard to say where it is from.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

Any known issues?
I used a high power leaf blower to test for noise. EGO make one that blows 200 mph. That should be a testing tool. I’m bringing mine with me next month to the SC.

Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise (roof) R1S IMG_3713

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
triangle windows ? which windows is it?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
triangle windows ? which windows is it?
Yes, my main annoyance was the driver's side triangle window...vertical trim was coming apart This was fixed.

RWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Took mine in for the driver A-pillar noise and they made it better (45 MPH and up) but it came back in a couple of weeks and now is louder starting at 35 MPH.
Must be the door foam gasket....

OP
OP

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I used a high power leaf blower to test for noise. EGO make one that blows 200 mph. That should be a testing tool. I’m bringing mine with me next month to the SC.

IMG_3713.png
Good plan. I wonder how they’ll react…
Sponsored