Sponsored

Window not rolling all the way down

Chicagor1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi guys. Owner of an R1T.

Has anyone dealt with a problem where the window doesn’t open all the way?
Service walked me through some things like soft reset and recalibrating the window but didn’t work.

I’ve seen several threads about closing the window but haven’t noticed any about opening

Thanks! 🙏
Sponsored

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
Mine wouldn't go down more than about 3" one day. Tried holding the button up for 10s, down for 10s, open/close a few times, no luck.

The next day when I went out to troubleshoot, it was working fine. I think a "sleep reset" fixed it. It's been fine for over a month now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Your truck wants you to take it to a drive in restaurant.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
@Chicagor1t I had an issue where my rear passenger window wouldn't go all the way up. After a full reset (left wheel button and hazard for 15 sec.) I did the window calibration. The thing with the window calibration is the switch has two positions on the down direction. try the calibration using the middle down for 10 seconds (make sure it's really 10 not a quick 10 count) then immediately rock the switch in the up position and hold for 10 seconds and then release the rocker switch. Next repeat the calibration but in the full down position for 10 followed immediately by up for 10.
It can take multiple attempts. I agree a sleep cycle (lock the car and keep all keys out of proximity for at least 30 minutes) seems to correct random quirkiness.

OP
OP

Chicagor1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine wouldn't go down more than about 3" one day. Tried holding the button up for 10s, down for 10s, open/close a few times, no luck.

The next day when I went out to troubleshoot, it was working fine. I think a "sleep reset" fixed it. It's been fine for over a month now.
thanks for the reply! I tried a hard reset and that didn’t work. I’ll try a sleep one and see if that does anything.

Service guys have been great and will have a mobile service guy come out tomorrow.

Sponsored

gvtucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same here. My front drivers side window won't close all the way. It stops with about 2 inches to go. Tried to reset the windows, then tried a software reset. Neither worked.

OP
OP

Chicagor1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Same here. My front drivers side window won't close all the way. It stops with about 2 inches to go. Tried to reset the windows, then tried a software reset. Neither worked.
mobile service came to the house, plugged in his computer and had a fix within 5 minutes. he stuck around and did a bunch of testing and even checked on a couple of other things.

sucks that we have this issue but was an awesome service experience!

gvtucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

mobile service came to the house, plugged in his computer and had a fix within 5 minutes. he stuck around and did a bunch of testing and even checked on a couple of other things.

sucks that we have this issue but was an awesome service experience!
Just to follow up, I went through the online chat support and they coached me through a reset of the windows. Turns out I was doing it wrong.

I single clicked up, held for 10 sec, then checked to see if it worked. Didn't work, so then I tried single click down, checked again, then tried double click up, and double click down. Nothing worked.

What I **should** have done is single click up, hold for 10 full seconds, then IMMEDIATELY single click down and again hold for 10 seconds. That did the trick.

Kudos to Jay in customer support for coaching me in the process.

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
Clubs

Hi Guys, for me this started happening right after the recent update last Friday. The drivers window will go up and then stay stuck 3/4 down. If I use the manual up it goes up slowly. The auto down works as it should. So we when through all the troubleshooting steps as describe above and nothing work to resolved the issue. So we made an appointment for tomorrow to take it in to SC. Hope is a quick one.
On another not it seams it looses connection to my phone after I park the truck. I need to reboot my phone and then it works again and sometimes is not. Thankfully I carry a card key with me as well. Anyone else has this issues after the update?

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hi Guys, for me this started happening right after the recent update last Friday. The drivers window will go up and then stay stuck 3/4 down. If I use the manual up it goes up slowly. The auto down works as it should. So we when through all the troubleshooting steps as describe above and nothing work to resolved the issue. So we made an appointment for tomorrow to take it in to SC. Hope is a quick one.
On another not it seams it looses connection to my phone after I park the truck. I need to reboot my phone and then it works again and sometimes is not. Thankfully I carry a card key with me as well. Anyone else has this issues after the update?
This was prior to the most recent update (currently at 2023.18.0), but the same thing happened to me, except that it was on the front passenger window and it wouldn't go all the way down.

The mobile service tech came to the house and fixed the problem via his laptop. Only took him a few minutes. Since it was such a quick fix he had time to do a full tire rotation while he was at our house!

Sponsored

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
Clubs

Do you still have the 2023.18.0? Because the new one is 2023.22.0

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Do you still have the 2023.18.0? Because the new one is 2023.22.0
The truck was on 2023.18.0 when the window wasn't working properly and AJ fixed it on Monday. I updated to 2023.22.0 this morning and the windows still open & close properly.

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
Clubs

Thats great! I just when down to SC and they fix the issue in less then half hour. They said this is know issue that sometimes after updates the re-calibration has to be done on both the window, regulators and encryptors. :rock: Easy fixed!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Thats great! I just when down to SC and they fix the issue in less then half hour. They said this is know issue that sometimes after updates the re-calibration has to be done on both the window, regulators and encryptors. :rock: Easy fixed!
Ugh, so not self-service? The shareholder in me really doesn't want to schedule a fix.
Sponsored