Sponsored

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So it seems that some folks got amazing news today with windows far sooner than anticipated and others that got bad news with dates further out. Those with R1T large pack near SCs seemed to be taking priority. Lucky for me, I’m in that group. I was shocked to see my Feb-March 23 window, which will end up being 13-14 months since my pre-order. While I don‘t know if thats “fair” they are clearly making a calculation that this build and delivery schedule is best for their business. Since all these trucks are being delivered at a loss you cant fault them too much for trying to minimize it. The alternative would just go down the pre-order list and jack up the prices to cover the inefficient build/delivery schedule as well as cover the added cost of servicing trucks far from service centers.

End of day everyone pre March 2022 is going to get their trucks with pricing that is way below market, which is still a win for customers.
Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
June 2021 preorder - updated timeline of we have no idea when/if we’ll build an SC in your area, and you won’t get it until we do…
That's not it. I -have- a service center less than five miles from my house, a 2019 preorder, and no estimate.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
@OutofSpecKyle Kyle, I know you are on the friends and family list, so your delivery date will be earlier than us. Just curious what your estimated window is. At least we can watch your R1S videos while we continue to wait.

Tall_Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Porsche 911
reservation 8/21
original Estimate: 2022
last estimate: 1h23
new estimate: Jan-Dec 2024
configuration: R1S adventure, large pack, green exterior, black interior, underbody shield

i just went round and round in circles with a CS rep. I told her I didn’t understand how I went from a 1h23 window to a 2024 window without somehow losing my spot in line. I said that based on what others have posted, i should have a summer or fall 23 window. We agreed it wasn’t my configuration, which is standard or my location because I didn’t get that email about needing a CS center location. She said it all comes down to my reservation date, which I said should put me around sep23. I asked if the fact that I changed from the white to black interior a few months ago moved me to the back of the line and she said no. I asked her if there were any changes to my configuration that would help. She said no.

I am pretty frustrated. There are lots of ways for a business to handle these situations but a total lack of transparency and consistency is a not a recipe for success.
This is me. 7/21 reservation and now a 2024 delivery date. I cannot think anything except they’re trying to shake loose pre-price increase reservation holders.

ED05

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
[
R1T

Status
Configured

Estimated Delivery
Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 1667014864320
=full]34876[/ATTACH]
pre ordered Apr 21 . first half of 22 when ordered changed to first half of 23 now sometime in 24.

Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
For R1S as long as you live somewhat nearish a service center, seems:
2018 to 2019 reservations will be jan-apr
2020 Mar-July
2021 (me) jul-dec
2022 Oct23-sometime24
R1Ts clearly will be prioritized and 2022 folks will be getting deliveries first half 23
Nope

I'm a 2019 preorder for R1S, less than 5 miles from a service center. Estimate is "in process" with a promised update in January.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Whoa! Not ready for this. I was expecting very late 2023, at best, for the R1T. Estimated delivery date is now Feb/Mar 2023. I really need to push this out some. Not sure if that can or will happen. We’ll see. Guess I’ll just play it by ear, for now.

Feb 2022 preorder. Originally an R1S. Just recently changed it to an R1T - see attached details. BTW, I am a solid 2.5 hours away from the nearest (Sacramento) service center. I was hoping to have a Reno SC open by the time I took delivery. So, if proximity to a SC is a priority criteria, I’m not sure how my number came up.

Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 Configuration Summary  Rivia

Mtnrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audii Q7
No suprise delivery delayed again.
1/20 R1S reservation moved from June/July to Oct-Dec now Jan/Feb 2023.

I have a second one on order 5/22 reservation date and it’s window is Oct-Dec 2023.

I guess more time for the bugs to be worked out.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Sooner than expected, color me excited.

A256E2DE-FCD9-4C17-AFE5-D65789DE2F68.jpeg
From what I’m seeing, including my surprising date that’s the same as yours, it seems Forrest green is a batch they’re making in December.

silkyjohnson

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition, Tesla Model 3
“Processing estimate” has been liberating. My Jeep build for my 2023 trips is really coming together and I won’t have to camp at campgrounds.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Whoa! Not ready for this. I was expecting very late 2023, at best, for the R1T. Estimated delivery date is now Feb/Mar 2023. I really need to push this out some. Not sure if that can or will happen. We’ll see. Guess I’ll just play it by ear, for now.

Feb 2022 preorder. Originally an R1S. Just recently changed it to an R1T - see attached details. BTW, I am a solid 2.5 hours away from the nearest (Sacramento) service center. I was hoping to have a Reno SC open by the time I took delivery. So, if proximity to a SC is a priority criteria, I’m not sure how my number came up.

Configuration Summary  Rivian.png
Go in and configure the max pack, it will probably push you to 2024 in January.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Nah, my 11/2021 R1S order is same window.
Hmmm, my preorder date is 02/21 for an R1S (LA Silver, OC) and my delivery window is Jan-Dec 2024! Needless to say, very disappointed and honestly surprised. Why provide a 12 month window that is 14 months away?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ would have been more honest.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

My order is for an R1S, but there have been R1Ts delivered locally to me for months. Some of those orders were placed long after mine.
Rivian has been pretty upfront about prioritizing the R1T over the R1S at this stage. I understand how that can be frustrating. But at this point, if you want to hold out for a R1S over a R1T, you need to accept customers that want a R1T over a R1S may get a delivery before you.