Recommend a sun shade that fits

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I bought a Covercraft sun shade before I had my truck. They do custom shades but not yet for Rivian. So I guessed and picked on for a 4Runner. Haha. It looks like a postage stamp and covers about 2/3 of the Rivian windshield. So while I prepare to return this one, has anybody guessed more accurately than me? F150 maybe? Or another brand that fits pretty well?
Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I will wait for them to make a custom cover for the Rivian windshield. In the meantime, I am using the factory cover from my Honda Ridgeline and it seems to fit reasonably well.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I bought a Covercraft sun shade before I had my truck. They do custom shades but not yet for Rivian. So I guessed and picked on for a 4Runner. Haha. It looks like a postage stamp and covers about 2/3 of the Rivian windshield. So while I prepare to return this one, has anybody guessed more accurately than me? F150 maybe? Or another brand that fits pretty well?
I bought a sun shade from here that fits pretty well: heatshieldstore.com

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought a sun shade from here that fits pretty well: heatshieldstore.com

Second heatshield. Had mine for about a week and was curious at first how it'd fit since it just slips into place without suction cups or anything. But it's stayed in place and kept the temps in the truck significantly lower.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I am using a previous Range Rover Velar sunshade that fits about 95% of the windshield.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I also recommend the HeatShield screen. I have the windshield and roof panel, both fit well.
Ordered a windshield cover. Thanks to all who recommended!

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Has anyone had success with driving on bumpy roads with the sunroof HeatShield in place?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I've used Heatshield in cars in the past. Works well but I don't like the roll up design as much as I like the fold up design of the Covercraft. That's just a personal preference. But until Covercraft offers a Rivian fitment, Heatshield is a good option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I am using a previous Range Rover Velar sunshade that fits about 95% of the windshield.
This makes sense. Wonder if a gamble on a Covercraft for Range Rover would pay off…

LaunchR1T

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Has anyone had success with driving on bumpy roads with the sunroof HeatShield in place?
I drove with mine installed for 2 weeks and it never came down. I prefer to leave it installed, especially with the August temperatures here in NC.. but my wife made me take it down for "obvious cosmetic reasons" :)

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Heatshield works really well. For me, though, the small gray suction cups were inadequate. When I reached out to them, they sent me updated, larger, and clear suction cups that didn't fail like the first ones.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
This makes sense. Wonder if a gamble on a Covercraft for Range Rover would pay off…
Just ordered one. (Returning the 4Runner one.) Will update the thread if it works!

basserman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Rivian Enthusiast
Clubs

+1 for heatshieldstore.com - it's a perfect fit in the R1T. just need to put the visors down to hold it in place.
Sponsored