Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
One more thing I noticed last night. I have the boards extended for max foot space but I noticed that the puddle light gets clipped by the running boards. Not the end of the world but wondering if it’s not clipped if they’re pushed in. I don’t want to test by loosening 16 bolts so if anyone already checked this please let me know. I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere.

IMG_1421.jpeg
Mine are pushed all the way in, and also have clipping. FWIW, it looks as if yours are pushed in as far as the can be, or very close to it.
Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Mine are pushed all the way in, and also have clipping. FWIW, it looks as if yours are pushed in as far as the can be, or very close to it.
Interesting. I tried my best to pull them out and keep them pulled out as I tightened. I’m not sure if the difference would be noticeable. Good to know on the clipping. I assume those little lights in the side mirror are not readily adjustable.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Interesting. I tried my best to pull them out and keep them pulled out as I tightened. I’m not sure if the difference would be noticeable. Good to know on the clipping. I assume those little lights in the side mirror are not readily adjustable.
They aren't adjustable, no. And the max adjustment on the boards is only like 1 - 1.5 inches anyway.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Advice sought and no doubt a fairly dumb question as one can get used to anything over time. However, we've nver had a vehicle with running boards...I'm 6' and my wife is 5'9". However, the effects of time have started to hit knees, ankles and hips. After long, moderately difficult hikes, the old joints ain't as forgiving as they once were. So, I'm cogitating getting these running boards.

The issue is that everytime we've ever ridden/test driven a vehicle with running boards, we always smash our shins getting in and scrape our calves getting out. It just feels like the old run vs rise formula for steps gets out-of-whack with running boards. Anyone else expereince this and, if so, how long did it take to get comfortable with them?

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Anyone know if the Sliders (not Running Boards) also clip the puddle lights? Does it extend out the same distance or more/less?

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Does it affecting the range if you pull it out all the way? Mine is at max length.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Advice sought and no doubt a fairly dumb question as one can get used to anything over time. However, we've nver had a vehicle with running boards...I'm 6' and my wife is 5'9". However, the effects of time have started to hit knees, ankles and hips. After long, moderately difficult hikes, the old joints ain't as forgiving as they once were. So, I'm cogitating getting these running boards.

The issue is that everytime we've ever ridden/test driven a vehicle with running boards, we always smash our shins getting in and scrape our calves getting out. It just feels like the old run vs rise formula for steps gets out-of-whack with running boards. Anyone else expereince this and, if so, how long did it take to get comfortable with them?
You will need to step on them to get in and out for easy access. Otherwise it’s a stretch to get in and out trying to bypass it and not have your legs/pants/skirts scraped. I will say it’s a good thing having them to step on since I don’t use or want to use the kneel mode.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

You will need to step on them to get in and out for easy access. Otherwise it’s a stretch to get in and out trying to bypass it and not have your legs/pants/skirts scraped. I will say it’s a good thing having them to step on since I don’t use or want to use the kneel mode.
Yeah, not wanting to use kneel mode plays into my decision-making process; although I wonder how much an issue kneel mode really is.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Where can I get the transportation yellow welt? It is all sold out !!
I just swapped out the CY welt for black (just a change of pace). I also have body color to try (LA Silver equiv). Prior to the run on CY, I ordered two sets, one is still in the bag. This second set came from a different source that someone here found and posted earlier (maybe a six weeks back?). Unfortunately, the price from the second source was twice the price of the original source (~$25 delivered). If you were in the Seattle area, I might be willing to sell that or the used set. I do plan to keep one as I will eventually get back to the "Transportation Yellow" welt!

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I just swapped out the CY welt for black (just a change of pace). I also have body color to try (LA Silver equiv). Prior to the run on CY, I ordered two sets, one is still in the bag. This second set came from a different source that someone here found and posted earlier (maybe a six weeks back?). Unfortunately, the price from the second source was twice the price of the original source (~$25 delivered). If you were in the Seattle area, I might be willing to sell that or the used set. I do plan to keep one as I will eventually get back to the "Transportation Yellow" welt!
What do you have to loosen/remove to put the welting in?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I checked the second source as well. No transportation yellow !!