Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
I did my install today. Decided to go with the slot method which in the end I'm glad I did because two of the brackets did not fit right and I had to grind them down to fit around other bolts in the frame. Took me about 5.5 hours total mostly solo except when mounting the actual running boards. They look and function great.
1 hr - unpacking and attaching plates to running boards (so much to unwrap)
2.5 hrs - Passenger side. I added an extra step since you need to torque down the T55 bolts before putting the panels back on and then attach the boards. Steps - (1) remove 3 panels. This took a while as I was way too gentle with the clip removals (2) remove t55 bolts, (3) attach brackets and snug fit t55 bolts. Attach running board. (4) torque down T55 bolts. Doing this with the boards attached will keep the brackets in line. (5) remove running boards. (6) cut out L shape holes for bracket access. I went very slowly and meticulously on this step remeasuring and holding up to truck to make sure it was right (7) re-install the 3 panels. (8) attach and tighten down running board.
2 hrs - Driver side. This was faster since I was able to remove the panels a lot quicker and trusted the cut outs even though I had to spend some time grinding out slots on two of the brackets to get them to sit flush. (one of them pictured. I kind of butchered the other one so I didn't take photo evidence).

This is not hard to do even with the L cut-outs. Just takes some time.

IMG_20230618_140752240_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230618_164358797_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230618_142321067_HDR.jpg
Just received my running boards and will employ the same L shape technique as you did. Thanks for the additional tips on your installation. Will post pictures when done.
Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

One side done with modified L slot cuts! 4 hours so far, but that is due to me being slow as I’m by myself, I’m doing a modified L slot cut, and my garage is literally 105 degrees. I owe no one an apology for taking an action photo with the tool mess lol. Do you spy the welting mod too?

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_1833
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_1835
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_1836

Reactions: sub
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
One side done with modified L slot cuts! 4 hours so far, but that is due to me being slow as I’m by myself, I’m doing a modified L slot cut, and my garage is literally 105 degrees. I owe no one an apology for taking an action photo with the tool mess lol. Do you spy the welting mod too?

IMG_1833.jpeg
IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg
Same welting mod as my current welting re re re mod!

Last edited:

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

FYI in case any one is curious. My puddle lights are only slightly cut off when pushed all the way in. Hardly noticeable. Also efficiency does not seem to have taken much of a hit from my non-scientific test on a flat road with the 20’s.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_1854

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_1851

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 71176964144__89F2B509-8A62-4D73-A731-0F93F323F7D1

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
FYI in case any one is curious. My puddle lights are only slightly cut off when pushed all the way in. Hardly noticeable. Also efficiency does not seem to have taken much of a hit from my non-scientific test on a flat road with the 20’s.

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

71176964144__89F2B509-8A62-4D73-A731-0F93F323F7D1.jpeg
Yeap. had it for a month or two now. Definitely don't see any range decrease with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

71176964144__89F2B509-8A62-4D73-A731-0F93F323F7D1.jpeg
Love the "Triple Slot"! Yeah, not measurable change to efficiency. All good!

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Look's Great! Can't wait until my Sliders arrive at the Atlanta, GA EV Sportline Shop for installation. I no longer have the tools to do it myself :cool:

Matthuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
Maybe it could be a little off too. I was too worried about stripping the screw more than anything. Whatever holes I cut , I was able to slipped the brackets in no problems. Right now , I already taped the holes up with gorilla sealed tape. The hole with the overlapped jack point doesn’t look good with all the taping since I need to expose jack point hole for future use
Can you post a picture of the overlapped jack point? I've read others talking about that, curious how problematic it might be. Thanks!

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
Sliders installed, overall happy with the quality. Will have to decide if I want to cut the factory plastic panels to fill in some gaps in the front and rear.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 1695425513593

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 1695425533178

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 1695425609041

Front gap
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 1695425584757

Rear gap
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) 1695425556808

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Can you post a picture of the overlapped jack point? I've read others talking about that, curious how problematic it might be. Thanks!
If you download the template for the r1s, you will see what it will looks like. Unfortunately I taped the holes up already and have not look at it or plan to remove it ever.

Sponsored

Matthuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
If you download the template for the r1s, you will see what it will looks like. Unfortunately I taped the holes up already and have not look at it or plan to remove it ever.
Thanks! Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t mean for you to untape, I was curious how close your tape overlap was to hack point. I’ll take a look at the template also.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thanks! Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t mean for you to untape, I was curious how close your tape overlap was to hack point. I’ll take a look at the template also.
No worries. It is like a circle and a half circle together. I just taped up the circle and expose rhe jack point. That is all. Nothing special.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No worries. It is like a circle and a half circle together. I just taped up the circle and expose rhe jack point. That is all. Nothing special.
There are pictures and more of the tape patches cut to proper size and shape -earlier I this thread. Maybe even the OP.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
There’s no need to cover up or restrict access to the jack points. One you just have to make sure you don’t tape it. It’s pretty clear when you’re doing it

advan24r

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60 Polestar Extended Range, Toyota Sienna,
Occupation
Self-employed
Sorry if its been asked, but has anyone installed the boards w/o the plastic piece instead of cutting it? Has anyone figured out what that plastic piece actually functions as?!?! Is it for aerodynamics or protection? If it's neither, why didn't Rivian just eliminated it and save cost that way.
Sponsored