Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

When I brought my R1t to DT I watched the start of the rotation job and the older guy knew what he was doing. The younger guy wasn't listening and I stopped him from using those open holes. The older guy told him how by opening up the circles, but he just didn't listen. In the end it was done right, but I always watch the start of every DT job just in case.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Are we sure this is the site sponsor Discount Tire and not the imposter Discount Tire that someone else went to and damaged their Rivian?

Real:

Rivian R1T R1S How bad can this be? 1716330724576-j

Imposter:

Rivian R1T R1S How bad can this be? 1716330807960-x3

OP
OP
Tank_Chris

Tank_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 24 Wrangler
The building, receipt and employee attire all look legitimate to me.
Rivian R1T R1S How bad can this be? IMG_1728

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Are we sure this is the site sponsor Discount Tire and not the imposter Discount Tire that someone else went to and damaged their Rivian?

Real:

1716330724576-jp.png

Imposter:

1716330807960-x3.jpg
I thought the same thing, but those are only in California. OP is in Texas.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

The building, receipt and employee attire all look legitimate to me.
IMG_1728.jpeg
That is the good one. The other lied to someone and told them they had the pucks and were “approved” by Rivian.

Sorry they made this mistake but these guys will make it right.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
@Discount Tire is going to have to send out a "adjuster" to look at the damage....

I'm happy to hear from you guys that it's likely only cosmetic, but I still expect them to replace the panels as they are no longer flat under the vehicle. I hate to be "that guy" complaining about stuff like this, but I have a shop myself(unfortunately without a tire machine) and if one of my guys pulled off something like this on a customers vehicle I would raise hell. The sad thing is it was more than one guy jacking the vehicle up....

If they decide to dismiss my concerns, is there an online source for OEM Rivian parts? I'm used to Jeeps etc where I can just call up my local wholesalers and get any parts I need.

Thanks everyone!
rivian told me they are $250 for the pair of the rear covers, told me it's not going to hurt anything, Rivian really should put a warning " not a jack point" or, just close the hole and when that bolt needs to be adjusted, remove the panel

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They did exactly this to mine too

Man... someone needs to whip those Texas @Discount Tire locations into shape..

If they are not going to make it right I would reach out to management at Rivian and make sure they understand who they are sending folks to in their certified tire partner.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Man... someone needs to whip those Texas @Discount Tire locations into shape..

If they are not going to make it right I would reach out to management at Rivian and make sure they understand who they are sending folks to in their certified tire partner.
I haven't even bothered to bring it to their attention yet.

I probably got lucky where the panels are still in tact, but, I noticed the drivers side rear sticking down a bit, and I had a Rivian mobile service appt that day so I asked him to take a look, he quickly pointed out the detents where the jacks were incorrectly positioned, he said they see this ALL THE TIME and obviously it's not the service center doing it...... I had all new tires put on about 6 months ago, then had 2 nails within 1 month so had to go back to discount 2 times, but it was different locations I'm not sure which situation caused the damage.

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

When I had Tirerack replace my tire I watched them, taught them about the covers and made them use my jack pucks. Rivian service knows, as of right now most do not. I am happy to teach and wouldn't let someone else work on my Rivian without my supervision.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

When I had Tirerack replace my tire I watched them, taught them about the covers and made them use my jack pucks. Rivian service knows, as of right now most do not. I am happy to teach and wouldn't let someone else work on my Rivian without my supervision.
But @Discount Tire is an official partner of Rivian. They have jack pucks that are distributed to stores and training documents of the correct way to lift the vehicles.

I mean I was even in Helena MT at DT they had never seen an R1 before but had the training material printed out, unfortunately they couldn't find jack pucks they supposedly had but were happy to use mine.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I have this document printed out and hand it to my local tire shop when I give them the fob:
Rivian R1T R1S How bad can this be? 1716386326199-h6

The magnetic pucks are mine and I leave them on the driver's seat when I park. The manager told me how much he appreciated the instructions because they don't get many Rivians. I figure with this they'd come and get me if they had any questions, but probably not if they were certain they were doing the right thing. The PDF is attached if anyone wants it.

Attachments

OP
OP
Tank_Chris

Tank_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 24 Wrangler
It has to be certain people not being properly trained at these stores. The first time I went to the same store for just a tire change they did everything right with their own Rivian specific pucks.

Reality is I don't want to come up with excuses for them because it just takes a bit of common sense to look under the vehicle and see there are removable caps where the pucks go. I would never jack up any vehicle on a plastic panel. These removable panels for lifting points are nothing new. I had 90's BMW's that you had to remove a cap to use the included jack.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

But @Discount Tire is an official partner of Rivian. They have jack pucks that are distributed to stores and training documents of the correct way to lift the vehicles.

I mean I was even in Helena MT at DT they had never seen an R1 before but had the training material printed out, unfortunately they couldn't find jack pucks they supposedly had but were happy to use mine.
I hear you, we don't have Discount Tire in the NorthEast so no experience with them. I just don't trust anyone right now (maybe in the past as well)
Sponsored