Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE; 2023 R1T
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

With a August 15, 2020 reservation, I was very happy to take delivery of my R1S on March 4, 2023. It was worth the wait!

The delivery was easy and straighforward. There was not much new for me as I had done a lot of research as well as having done a test drive. The vehicle was as expected and in great shape. It came at 84% charge, which was a question I had beforehand.

I am very thrilled to take ownership. I drive a lot... about 27k in 2022 balancing work between Flagstaff, Sedona and trip to Phoenix and traveling to trail run. I previously owned a model Y, which I was fortunate to buy in Dec 2021 and sell in Dec 2022 dodging the price increase and then decrease.

The Y did not provide enough space, build nor ruggedness. Lots of plastic and flimsy parts. It is not a "SUV" as Tesla advertised, IMO. It's a street car and I don't think it warranted the price (Dec 2021 price). I am glad I had locked in the initial R1S price but would probably pay more for the R1S. It's amazing so far and I'm excited to learn more as I drive it.

I hope this is helpful.

Rivian R1T R1S New R1S owner (former Model Y owner) in Flagstaff, AZ tempImageiMxapR
Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Sweet ride and interesting part of the country. Have the same blue (but with oc interior) delivering the next few weeks from my July 2020 order.

Congrats!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Great color, I love the blue. If you aren’t going to baby it I would suggest PPF. Mine still looks good from a distance but close up too many run ins with desert plants ;).

OP
OP
CalebSchiff

CalebSchiff

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE; 2023 R1T
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Great color, I love the blue. If you aren’t going to baby it I would suggest PPF. Mine still looks good from a distance but close up too many run ins with desert plants ;).
Thanks! It's currently getting an XPEL coating... out for a couple of days and I'm missing it already.

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Congrats! Hope to see it parked at Anthem during next year's BC ;)

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

It only makes sense! I fell in love with the R1T when they showed up at your bluegrass festival with the camp kitchen and those pictures went out on blast. Enjoy the adventure!

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
NICE! If it’s not too much keep us updated on range within the first 2-3K miles you put on it!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Congratulations from an R1T owner down the hill in Phoenix!

If you ever need a charge in the Valley send me a message.

Also, I’m very curious how the Rivian will do from Phoenix to Flag back up that hill with the elevation. What is it - from 1000 ft in Phoenix to 7000 ft in Flag over about 120 miles? I haven’t made it up there yet since taking delivery of my R1T.

OP
OP
CalebSchiff

CalebSchiff

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE; 2023 R1T
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Congratulations from an R1T owner down the hill in Phoenix!

If you ever need a charge in the Valley send me a message.

Also, I’m very curious how the Rivian will do from Phoenix to Flag back up that hill with the elevation. What is it - from 1000 ft in Phoenix to 7000 ft in Flag over about 120 miles? I haven’t made it up there yet since taking delivery of my R1T.
That's very kind of you. Thank you! I'd be happy to return the favor to you in Flagstaff or Sedona.

I have driven up to west Sedona and then to FLG via 89a (~145 miles). If I recall I was at 220 miles when I left and got home at 60 miles left. I'll take better notes on my next trip up this coming weekend and report back. In general though, I find the climb up takes about 1.2-1.3X the distance. At least that was my experience in the Y.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
With a August 15, 2020 reservation, I was very happy to take delivery of my R1S on March 4, 2023. It was worth the wait!

The delivery was easy and straighforward. There was not much new for me as I had done a lot of research as well as having done a test drive. The vehicle was as expected and in great shape. It came at 84% charge, which was a question I had beforehand.

I am very thrilled to take ownership. I drive a lot... about 27k in 2022 balancing work between Flagstaff, Sedona and trip to Phoenix and traveling to trail run. I previously owned a model Y, which I was fortunate to buy in Dec 2021 and sell in Dec 2022 dodging the price increase and then decrease.

The Y did not provide enough space, build nor ruggedness. Lots of plastic and flimsy parts. It is not a "SUV" as Tesla advertised, IMO. It's a street car and I don't think it warranted the price (Dec 2021 price). I am glad I had locked in the initial R1S price but would probably pay more for the R1S. It's amazing so far and I'm excited to learn more as I drive it.

I hope this is helpful.

tempImageiMxapR.png
Dang it, Caleb...now I have to switch back to the R1S after seeing yours in blue. Enjoy - it's beautiful!

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Thanks! It's currently getting an XPEL coating... out for a couple of days and I'm missing it already.
Love your ride! Are you getting the stealth PPF or the clear one? Please share some photos when it’s back!

rpo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
Well, my wife and I just ordered an R1S...for trail running purposes too...after lemoning a Model X that was falling apart on us. It is gonna be a long wait!

P.S. Nice YTD vert. LOL!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T

I hope this is helpful.

tempImageiMxapR.png
Favorite spec color/wheels. Congrats!
Sponsored