Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

We still don't have departure charging... something so simple that is critical for an EV. I recommend everyone open your phone app up and submit a comment about adding departure charging.
That does not work when you have varying schedules and range. You have to go in and change the start charging time vs just departure. charge schedule does 50% of what's really needed.
Departure charging would be nice to have...I had it in my MINI and it was coupled to cabin preconditioning. In the MINI you could just set a departure schedule and optionally check a box to include preconditioning. The charge would complete about 30 min before the set departure time. I use one of my trip meters as a since last charge gauge (really wish we'd just get that and a lifetime in addition to two manually settable ones). With that, I look at kWh consumed into my ~5.5 kW charging at home and then set the charge schedule in the truck to be 30-60 min more than I think is needed and it works out well. Get into the habit and it's not a big deal. But my normal driving is pretty consistent as well, so that makes it easier. On days that I drive a lot more I make the effort to make sure I change the schedule.

--------------------------------------------------

Any chance of 12V battery status?
Supposedly the app now tells you if the vehicle has detected a problem with the 12V. I'd venture if they actually gave us voltage or some other state of health metric it would just lead to a ton of people bothering support/service for no reason. Sounds like that's why they removed the BMS tab from the Ride menus now.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
Do you have the Rivian home charger? When I try to use the charge scheduling feature it doesn't seem to work.
Using a 2019 Siemens charger from Costco. When the charger is turned on and plugged in, the Rivian app (if programmed to do so) controls the charging schedule.

Best wishes!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Departure charging would be nice to have...I had it in my MINI and it was coupled to cabin preconditioning. In the MINI you could just set a departure schedule and optionally check a box to include preconditioning. The charge would complete about 30 min before the set departure time. I use one of my trip meters as a since last charge gauge (really wish we'd just get that and a lifetime in addition to two manually settable ones). With that, I look at kWh consumed into my ~5.5 kW charging at home and then set the charge schedule in the truck to be 30-60 min more than I think is needed and it works out well. Get into the habit and it's not a big deal. But my normal driving is pretty consistent as well, so that makes it easier. On days that I drive a lot more I make the effort to make sure I change the schedule.

--------------------------------------------------

Supposedly the app now tells you if the vehicle has detected a problem with the 12V. I'd venture if they actually gave us voltage or some other state of health metric it would just lead to a ton of people bothering support/service for no reason. Sounds like that's why they removed the BMS tab from the Ride menus now.
Anyone received an APP notification on this???

Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
12v charge level is in the Ride menu under low voltage, just looked at it today.

Lord Leroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
We all want a few things and everything else is superfluous.
1) phone/texting UI. Crazy this $80K truck doesn’t have easy ability to text
2) video streaming
3) XM radio
4 blinker cameras.

Just do these Rivian and so many people will be happy.

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

2) video streaming
3) XM radio
4 blinker cameras.

I am willing to bet my right arm that, even if every single one of these were included in the next update, there would be a complaint within the first 3 posts.

Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am willing to bet my right arm that, even if every single one of these were included in the next update, there would be a complaint within the first 3 posts.
Make it interesting ... put up one of the scrotum residents and you may find a few takers.

Ottoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 QM
Occupation
Engineer
Software Update 2024.11.01

• Improved the lock behavior to prevent lock out when the driver door is open, you lock the vehicle from the center display, exit the vehicle, or close the door. The driver door now unlocks and an error sound plays.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
My passengers (kids) in the second row want and need to control the temperature, not just see the temp or turn it on and off…I really hope it’s not just a display of the current temp, but that pic showing temp had no arrows…maybe you can tap through to a menu.

Last edited:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
2) video streaming
3) XM radio
4 blinker cameras.

Hmmmm I don’t really care about any of those. If they happen then great. I’d rather have other features first.
Sponsored