Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I switched from Eero to Netgear Orbi a while back. Can’t find anything showing how much devices are downloading…
Orbi doesn’t show data usage by device. People have been requesting that feature for years, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Super annoying.
Sponsored

evlavista

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
smart fortwo ed, vw id4, ford f 150, vw beetle
Electrafi, shows zero downloads for today. They are about 53% through the update of the vehicles they track. I'm still waiting.
I got mine today in the early afternoon. Maybe a coincidence, but it showed up about an hour after I contacted service just to make sure everything was ok.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

So, I was mistaken. It might be slightly quieter, but definitely still there. I was driving around with mu windows open and I guess the added ambient sound downed out the squeak. Once I rolled my windows up it's still there.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

In the last hour there has been another blitz on update downloads... now showing 140 downloaded?

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.19.04 software update now installing! Share your impressions & reviews 1719958234592-a

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Got the notification in the last hour or so. Updating now!

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Ugg. This new UI is awful; it looks like a child's game. Like software for a small child, not even a teen.

Maybe this is Rivian's way of encouraging me to move on.
😕
Which part of the UI do you feel looks aweful?

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Which part of the UI do you feel looks aweful?
Where to start?

Lol.

I guess I will start with the fact that the color yellow has a 100-year history representing " caution", you are approaching critical zones. Yellow on your temperature, yellow on your power output should caution you that you are approaching red; yellow not good, red bad.

What is the new color for when your motors or battery are approaching critical, chartreuse? I admit I am an old fart, but this complete disregard for standard is just jarring to me.

But possibly even worse, is the whole thing has a bubble gum child's game look and feel. Instead of being able to dial or swipe a setting up or down, I am now required to poke at it and toggle, again super simplistic and like a child's game.

I am sure they are pursuing some type of demographic, but whatever that demographic is it is certainly not me; and I doubt it is going to appeal to a lot of other lifetime truck owners.

Runamok

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Quad - Blue - 21s
Clubs

Just got my update notification. Installing now.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Where to start?

Lol.

I guess I will start with the fact that the color yellow has a 100-year history representing " caution", you are approaching critical zones. Yellow on your temperature, yellow on your power output should caution you that you are approaching red; yellow not good, red bad.

What is the new color for when your motors or battery are approaching critical, chartreuse? I admit I am an old fart, but this complete disregard for standard is just jarring to me.

But possibly even worse, is the whole thing has a bubble gum child's game look and feel. Instead of being able to dial or swipe a setting up or down, I am now required to poke at it and toggle, again super simplistic and like a child's game.

I am sure they are pursuing some type of demographic, but whatever that demographic is it is certainly not me; and I doubt it is going to appeal to a lot of other lifetime truck owners.
That all makes sense. I definitely think they should be offering options. I like all of what they did, but I can definitely see how everyone would like something different. Most lifetime truck owners I know find the whole digital screen approach to be less than desirable. They want physical dials on gauges. And physical levers to change 2wd to 4wd, etc... Almost anything electronic is shunned. Most I know won't touch an BEV unless mandated and even then probably not. So certainly makes sense to make a option for some that more mimics a physical gauge approach, etc...

I thought maybe you meant the 3d Cell shade artwork or whatever it is called. I don't ever see it, because I leave my gauges screen up instead of the artwork. I prefer seeing what battery temp is, motors, etc...so when it tells me it is "preconditioning for fast charging"...I can figure out if it is cooling or heating, etc...more so I can learn what it is doing and when. But I would love alot more info that they are showing.

But typically I have nav screen up with sat images and my Spotify on the right....

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That all makes sense. I definitely think they should be offering options. I like all of what they did, but I can definitely see how everyone would like something different. Most lifetime truck owners I know find the whole digital screen approach to be less than desirable. They want physical dials on gauges. And physical levers to change 2wd to 4wd, etc... Almost anything electronic is shunned. Most I know won't touch an BEV unless mandated and even then probably not. So certainly makes sense to make a option for some that more mimics a physical gauge approach, etc...

I thought maybe you meant the 3d Cell shade artwork or whatever it is called. I don't ever see it, because I leave my gauges screen up instead of the artwork. I prefer seeing what battery temp is, motors, etc...so when it tells me it is "preconditioning for fast charging"...I can figure out if it is cooling or heating, etc...more so I can learn what it is doing and when. But I would love alot more info that they are showing.

But typically I have nav screen up with sat images and my Spotify on the right....
I'm betting that this iteration does not last long. Yellow draws your attention to areas that need attention, whether it's a tire pressure or a motor temp or a low battery. Splashing yellow all over the place for general settings leaves you with out that useful tool where it's really needed.

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

I still haven’t received it, despite waking the car repeatedly and even chatting with customer support and then service this morning. Have a long drive with family later this week so would very much like the new suspension tuning.

I switched from Eero to Netgear Orbi a while back. Can’t find anything showing how much devices are downloading…
Posting worked! Less than three hours later I got the notification, and it’s installing now!

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Where to start?

Lol.

You certainly have some valid points, but yellow is a color in the Rivian design language, and part of their primary colors they can use. My BMW uses red everywhere, and I actually appreciate it because it’s easy on the eyes at night.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
In the last hour there has been another blitz on update downloads... now showing 140 downloaded?

1719958234592-an.png
I just got notified my truck is downloading 2024.19.6...🤔 Not even seen by ElectraFi yet.
Sponsored