Sponsored

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
STL file download for regular version:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/....90260/?hash=5d055fc63f1034d951f55560c334afda

STL file download for larger version:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/....90331/?hash=996e0cece8fc2abf804aa4856bdea276

Long time viewer of this forum but first time posting! I saw people wanting a place to store accessible tools to get the the manual frunk release in the event of a dead 12v battery (or 2), so I created this box. I am happy to share the STL file with anyone with a 3D Printer. The box can be extended another inch if needed, but I wanted to make sure it didn't protrude past the rear opening of the hitch receiver. Obviously it isn't water proof so for now, I just have my tools in a plastic bag. Hope this helps!

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0190

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0191

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0189

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0192

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0193

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0194

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0187

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0186

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0185

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_0188
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Very nice! I don't have a 3D printer, but I would like a box like that. I literally just ordered several different pencil and small tool pouches from Amazon to test for this purpose!

There are a couple similar concepts on Amazon and Etsy, but they have tiny storage compartments that aren't long enough for even a small ratchet.

Mr. Ham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CY R1S
Clubs

Reminds me of the hitch safe you can get. Not that you need it to be lockable.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Long time viewer of this forum but first time posting! I saw people wanting a place to store accessible tools to get the the manual frunk release in the event of a dead 12v battery (or 2), so I created this box. I am happy to share the STL file with anyone with a 3D Printer. The box can be extended another inch if needed, but I wanted to make sure it didn't protrude past the rear opening of the hitch receiver. Obviously it isn't water proof so for now, I just have my tools in a plastic bag. Hope this helps!

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg
Very nice, makes my solution look a little Flintstone-ish… 😉

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_8879

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

That's awesome! I don't know how to you send files through the forum, but I'd appreciate the STL if you can share. Have you thought about uploading it to printables.com?

Sponsored

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Nice! Please share on thingiverse or printables? It's the same for every truck basically...

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg
Mint! :like: Mass production, please!

Soju1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

I would be interested in the stl

OP
OP
MtnRiv

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Wow, I guess I’m not the only one that needed this, Ha ha! It sounds like I can forward the STL to the administrator to post. I will do that as soon as I get home for anyone that wants it. I am also making a larger version for those of you that have a big tool…😜 It should have about 6 inches of internal space, but some modifications are necessary to fit in that spot before hitting the frame. I will send that as well if I can make it happen. I love solving issues, so I appreciate the feedback!

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Wow, I guess I’m not the only one that needed this, Ha ha! It sounds like I can forward the STL to the administrator to post. I will do that as soon as I get home for anyone that wants it. I am also making a larger version for those of you that have a big tool…😜 It should have about 6 inches of internal space, but some modifications are necessary to fit in that spot before hitting the frame. I will send that as well if I can make it happen. I love solving issues, so I appreciate the feedback!
Happy to host the STL file and make it available for everyone to download!

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Can the hitch cover piece for the bumper cover this while installed?

Nice work.

OP
OP
MtnRiv

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I made a larger version for those of you that have the dual battery setup! Now you can carry all the tools you need AND 2 AA batteries to jump start your car! Video demonstration below. STL was emailed to Admin to post.

Small Box: roughly 4 1/2" interior length.
Large Box: roughly 6 1/8" interior length.

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.23.57 PM

Sponsored