Sponsored

3D Printer help: an oval 90º "L" bracket to fit over charge port light

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
First world problems, I know, but: anyone out there have a solution, or a 3D print for a oval "L" bracket to fit over the charge port light (to shine it into the actual port).
The idea is that one applies mirrored film on the inside, to shine the light on the actual port, instead of directly into one's eyes. The color would still be easily visible.
Is there enough of a gap there between the inner door assembly (inside the seal) ?

The ring is so bright, in the dark the glare makes the actual port completely invisible unless combatted with pulling out the torch.
Sponsored

Jimbydude

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Honda Civic
I was thinking that today. I went plug in when wife left and i have to cover light with hand to see port.

I think you can disbale the ring light in options but haven't yet tried.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Would putting the reflective tape on a corner of the charge door back side work for you? It overlaps a bit and might reflect enough for you. Worth a try

OUTAGAS

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Owner of solar energy business
Clubs

First world problems, I know, but: anyone out there have a solution, or a 3D print for a oval "L" bracket to fit over the charge port light (to shine it into the actual port).
The idea is that one applies mirrored film on the inside, to shine the light on the actual port, instead of directly into one's eyes. The color would still be easily visible.
Is there enough of a gap there between the inner door assembly (inside the seal) ?

The ring is so bright, in the dark the glare makes the actual port completely invisible unless combatted with pulling out the torch.
I would like a light diverter like this.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I agree completely. Have 3d printers, will look at this. Would welcome any sketches of other suggested solutions...

Sponsored

Herb

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, John Deere, 1T max DM Performance
I trimmed the top of the door ring (above the receptacle) with very thin, highly reflective duct tape (read duct not duck), seems to help a tad bit. I hope it doesn't fall off one day and gets mangled in the mechanism...

vordo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rav4 EV
Occupation
Film Music Editor
OMG I thought I was the only one. I think if the front bar could be turned off, it would be a massive improvement.
Sponsored