First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
Hmm. UPS? They let me put my PO Box. Wonder if that is slowing things down.
I have a post office box and have all deliveries UPS, FEDEX, Amazon) sent there, my Post Office asked that I use

123 Main Street (street address of Post Office)
Unit 123 (actually box 123)
Anytown, ME 12345

as the mailing address. Works with any shipper and I don’t get delivery vans stuck in my driveway in the winter months. Safe way to go if you don’t know or can’t specify the shipping method.
Sponsored

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Went out and tried the Typhoon plug in my area.

Worked well, had to give it a good push to get the NACS part to mate other than that was great.

Used the Tesla app to initiate charge.

Rivian R1T R1S A2Z NACS To CCS1 Adapter Review IMG_1815

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Went out and tried the Typhoon plug in my area.

Worked well, had to give it a good push to get the NACS part to mate other than that was great.

Used the Tesla app to initiate charge.

IMG_1815.jpeg
Would it not plug and charge?

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

I have a post office box and have all deliveries UPS, FEDEX, Amazon) sent there, my Post Office asked that I use

123 Main Street (street address of Post Office)
Unit 123 (actually box 123)
Anytown, ME 12345

as the mailing address. Works with any shipper and I don’t get delivery vans stuck in my driveway in the winter months. Safe way to go if you don’t know or can’t specify the shipping method.
Can do the same with my PO box, but I didn't use my street address format when I gave them a delivery address.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I just tried the Tesla app to see how it worked. Didn’t try the ”plug and charge” feature.

I was mainly just making sure I could use the Typhoon plug to charge.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

From my experience yesterday, I had to initiate the charge within the Rivian app the first time at a Tesla Supercharger but plug and charged worked on my second attempt later that day.

My question is if I sign up for a Tesla membership for a month of planned travel, will I be able to initiate a charge within the Tesla app before Rivian Plug and Charge activates?

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

From my experience yesterday, I had to initiate the charge within the Rivian app the first time at a Tesla Supercharger but plug and charged worked on my second attempt later that day.

My question is if I sign up for a Tesla membership for a month of planned travel, will I be able to initiate a charge within the Tesla app before Rivian Plug and Charge activates?
Strange.

I wonder what is going on here with some having luck and some not.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Sounds like they are still plugging away at orders. I've already been charged so I'll just have to adapt to the situation until my ship comes in.

Sponsored

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

You would need to activate the charger from the Tesla app before plugging in, otherwise plug and charge will take over. This is the info that others have reported, my adapter comes in this week and I plan to do this as well for a road trip next week.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Yes, you have to use the tesla app to initiate the charge session if you are trying to use tesla membership pricing, prior to plugging in the Rivian. Several YouTubers have pointed out the missed cross linking opportunity for OEM's, but to date neither Ford nor Rivian support that level of integration.

kallisti5

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Ordered March 18, no shipping notification yet

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover D5, Jeep JL, R1S
Ordered March 18, no shipping notification yet
Still same for me too. I went ahead and placed an order for a Lectron now. Maybe it’s been a blessing that mine still hasn’t shipped - it’s allowed me to see some of the reviews about the tightness and the locking switch frustrations. Once they both arrive, I’ll compare them and return the one I’m least happy with.

At this rate, I may get to test out the Lectron before the A2Z 😂🙄

-Rich

Edit: I received a UPS notice just a bit ago. Looking forward to getting it and testing it out.

Last edited:

A2ZEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Tesla MYP, 24' Tesla MSLR
Occupation
A2Z EV | EVSE
Still same for me too. I went ahead and placed an order for a Lectron now. Maybe it’s been a blessing that mine still hasn’t shipped - it’s allowed me to see some of the reviews about the tightness and the locking switch frustrations. Once they both arrive, I’ll compare them and return the one I’m least happy with.

At this rate, I may get to test out the Lectron before the A2Z 😂🙄

-Rich
Patience, patience..

On the 18th of March alone we received over 3,000 orders. The A2Z EV team is working almost 24/7 to test, inspect and prepare every single order. 50% of the orders from the 18th have been packed and shipped today. The rest will follow tomorrow. Some who ordered on the 18th may have received their tracking numbers, some not. The rest of the packages will follow tomorrow.

As a side note, if we had 20-50 orders a day, it is understandable that we have excuse for not dispatching orders faster, but the volumes are in thousands - the adapters need to be tested and inspected individually before being packed. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, we are shipping daily over 500 orders right now. Faster than any of our competitors.

Thank you.
Sponsored