Adhesive front license plate

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER HYBRID
My guide ask me if i wanted the front plate bracket installed. The SC also called me when my truck arrived there and asked if I still wanted to have it installed. At least in ME, you are responsible to have your front license plate mounted. Regular dealers will have them already mounted in their vehicle inventories as they like to put the custom license bracket.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, ‘21 Ford Raptor
You should follow the law or vote to get it changed. In my area tons of illegal car mods are defacto legal because they gave up enforcing them.
I like your interpretation of legality 😂
I might put you on retainer

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I like your interpretation of legality 😂
I might put you on retainer
No interpretation, you should follow the law or vote to get it changed. There are tons of illegal car mods that no one tickets for or will take the time to check for. Exhaust mods, tint, negative cambered wheels and extended wheels with no protections/mud flaps. lightbars, window decals, odd strobing lights/colors and more. It seems like they could set at an intersection and write tickets all day, Friday nights for sure.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
A CHP 0fficer once told me, on average an officer could write 27 tickets to a new car in California. He admitted it was from a study and most officers wouldn't know the more obscure infractions.

My guide asked me if I wanted my front plate installed. I said yes at first but changed my mind after seeing the truck at delivery. I live in California and have been pulled over for no plate on my Jeep. Taking my chances for now until I come up with my final solution.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
A CHP 0fficer once told me, on average an officer could write 27 tickets to a new car in California. He admitted it was from a study and most officers wouldn't know the more obscure infractions.

My guide asked me if I wanted my front plate installed. I said yes at first but changed my mind after seeing the truck at delivery. I live in California and have been pulled over for no plate on my Jeep. Taking my chances for now until I come up with my final solution.
I spoke to the San Francisco hub yesterday and they said they don't put them on unless people ask for them to be installed. They said they've had a number of people do the vinyl license plate and think it looks better.

I didn't know they weren't delivering the vehicles anymore. I'm pretty disappointed, I really hate driving into San Francisco from the North Bay. I guess they also have a service center in Sacramento and that would have been way easier but nobody asked me or even told me that they would not be delivering the truck. Miles wise it should only take a little over an hour, but with traffic it's regularly 2 hours and can be as much as three one way.

My rep offered to pay for a Lyft ride there but I'm going to try to get a ride from my mom even though she's in her seventies and doesn't like driving down there either. Otherwise I don't have a way to get down there and I want to be able to walk away if there's too many issues.

ErichMF76

First Name
Erich Freundner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure, 2021 Bronco, 2020 Raptor
Occupation
System Administrator
It happens more than you think at dealerships for sports cars.

I thought I shared elsewhere on this forum but there are a lot of offerings out there for no drill plates. They even have ones that automatically flip up with the touch of a button. I use this on my mustang and it had worked great for 7 years.

https://ccmustangbrackets.com/products/2015-2021-s550-mustang-bracket

It's marketed for a mustang but it has an adhesive mount on the back of the bracket that should work with any car
Have one I used on one of my Mustangs, now just need to figure out where to mount it.