First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Motor Large Pack
Occupation
Composer, IT Service Desk Analyst
Take a closer look at that post, note that it says the adapters will ship out after the sites are added in our vehicles. That hasn't happened yet.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
They said "soon" after the update. We got the update yesterday.

Based on how Rivian has used that word in the past you should expect anywhere between 3 months and 3 years.

I don't think "soon" has ever ended up being 3 days or even 3 weeks when Rivian has used that word in the past.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Take it easy on him guys. He is just not fluent in Rivian language. He’ll learn it sOOn enough

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Surprised you haven't seen this post from them already.
Surprised you think this says that they will be shipping adapters in March.

Ford owners haven't even started to get their adapters yet, and they are first on the list. The Ford backlog of adapter orders extends to something like September. The adapters are all coming from Tesla, so the Ford experience will guide you on what to expect.

Three things have to happen:
  1. Tesla needs to enable the Supercharger network to be used by Rivians. This hasn't happened yet.
  2. Rivian may need to make some changes in it's vehicle firmware and app software. Some of this may have happened already.
  3. Tesla needs to ship the adapters to Rivian so that Rivian can ship them to us. That certainly hasn't happened yet, and it is not imminent.
Based on how Rivian has used that word in the past you should expect anywhere between 3 months and 3 years.
It's not Rivian that we're waiting on ...

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Sure thing...

Note the Adapter shipping soon after comment in the post from Rivian. Surprised you haven't seen this post from them already.
Doesn't say adapter will start shipping in March. Just "soon".

Note that Ford has already started shipping adapters. I filled out the form as soon as I woke up on the day the order form went live - my adapter will ship in June. We have no idea how long it will take Tesla to supply enough for Ford and Rivian and GM (who is also supposed to get access/start shipping adapters soon) and for Rivian to distribute them.

When I spoke to a Rivian service rep (about unrelated issue,) they said the adapters would be distributed through service centers, to local owners in order of vehicle age. So older vehicles first in a given area. But that might mean that Denver gets so many adapters in March/April that the first batch only covers people whose vehicles were delivered before May 2022, while Oklahoma City might get enough to cover every single vehicle delivered there through November 2023. (I seriously hope it isn't that imbalanced, but you never know.)

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Doesn't say adapter will start shipping in March. Just "soon".

Note that Ford has already started shipping adapters. I filled out the form as soon as I woke up on the day the order form went live - my adapter will ship in June. We have no idea how long it will take Tesla to supply enough for Ford and Rivian and GM (who is also supposed to get access/start shipping adapters soon) and for Rivian to distribute them.

When I spoke to a Rivian service rep (about unrelated issue,) they said the adapters would be distributed through service centers, to local owners in order of vehicle age. So older vehicles first in a given area. But that might mean that Denver gets so many adapters in March/April that the first batch only covers people whose vehicles were delivered before May 2022, while Oklahoma City might get enough to cover every single vehicle delivered there through November 2023. (I seriously hope it isn't that imbalanced, but you never know.)
I'm hoping Tesla converts / opens up (whatever they need to do), more superchargers in Colorado by the time we get access. On their map today, looking at those open to NACS and other EVs, none of the 3 SCs between Denver and Edwards are available. And none of the 5 South on I-25 after Centennial all the way to the NM line.

Cortles

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Analyst
Reading through these responses, I’m wondering why so many are so cynical. As though everyone on this thread runs a superior logistics organization with perfect change management. Chill out everyone - it was an innocent and entirely valid question considering the news this month of it being opened up to us.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You smartasses make me so proud 🫡 🥲
Sponsored