Sponsored

Anyway to get a new guide or better communication?

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Help !!! My truck is ready for delivery but I haven’t completed all of the steps. My 8 steps opened up last Wednesday 8/17. I spoke with my guide by reaching out on 8/18. Never got an introduction, I reached out. I talked to her on the phone covering the remainder of the process. She mentioned to expected a delivery of the last week of august to first of September. I’ve reached out a few times via call no answer. Texted. I received an automated message back of not being available. Sent an email no response. I texted her today asking about coordinating the process from my lender and how Rivian would accommodate. I did finally did get a response back, unfortunately it was just her mentioning she was busy and apologizing for not reaching out. I mentioned I understood were all busy 15 minutes later and if she could inform me on how to get all of the financing done as my lender doesn’t provide fund until they receive a title as collateral. To add fuel to the fire. I just received an email on preparing for delivery this Saturday 8/27. I’ve bought many cars in my time but this by far has to be the most stressful and worst communication by far. Even buying from Tesla was a far easier process. Any clue if I can get a new guide or do I have to be stern and set her straight ?
Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Good Luck. I never actually talked to my Guide.
Grabbed a R1T off of the Shop and got nothing from him. Asked for delivery info, got nothing. Got thru 8 steps without him.
I asked Customer Service for a new Guide and got crickets.
It seems I am on some sort of black-list for responses.

OP
OP

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Grabbed a R1T off of the Shop and got nothing from him. Asked for delivery info, got nothing. Got thru 8 steps without him.
This is terrible communication. This sucks. I’m excited for this truck but I detest this whole process. It’s the worst.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I also think the guide process is hit or miss. Good thing is you can complete the steps pretty easily without their help. The sc actually opens up your 8th step. Once you take delivery of your truck you won't really have to deal with your guide again if you don't want to. You use the app to submit service tickets and then communicate with the sc for the actual service apt.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

We look forward to connecting with you! :rolleyes:

IIRC, there was a way on the app where you could “make an appointment to speak to your guide”, but I don’t think I have that option any more after delivery.

OP
OP

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
I also think the guide process is hit or miss. Good thing is you can complete the steps pretty easily without their help. The sc actually opens up your 8th step. Once you take delivery of your truck you won't really have to deal with your guide again if you don't want to. You use the app to submit service tickets and then communicate with the sc for the actual service apt.
I’m still stuck in the 5th step since it ask for a check and tracking number from my lender. I also have a question on registration on the truck being calculated on the total. Every car I’ve purchase was registered 60 days after the fact at the DMV. Call me the minority but would rather it that way than incorporated into a simple interest loan. I haven't signed the contracts step 6 due to this nor figuring out my trade since it’s not included in the figures 😪 rivians already trying to schedule a delivery day of 8/27. So much stress.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Remember that lots of guides got layed off....now they're likely each handling larger amounts of clients than before.

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
I’m still stuck in the 5th step since it ask for a check and tracking number from my lender. I also have a question on registration on the truck being calculated on the total. Every car I’ve purchase was registered 60 days after the fact at the DMV. Call me the minority but would rather it that way than incorporated into a simple interest loan. I haven't signed the contracts step 6 due to this nor figuring out my trade since it’s not included in the figures 😪 rivians already trying to schedule a delivery day of 8/27. So much stress.
The signed purchase agreement spells out exactly the cost of registration, not unless your state prevents Rivian from spelling that out for you?

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Interaction with my guide was limited to resolving a few little issues with the 8 steps. And that's fine with me. I'm certainly not texting them every day asking where my vehicle is. Lots of needy people out there

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Are there still guides? I heard they were all laid off?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

rivians already trying to schedule a delivery day of 8/27. So much stress.
This shouldn't be a problem. Just say it is too soon and you're still arranging the paperwork. Not sure why this is stressing you out.

For mine, they wanted to schedule delivery during a week i was out of town for work. I declined obviously, and then asked for a date later in the following week so I could get all my paperwork done after my work trip. They were very accommodating.

mhjla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Do you have a lender you chose to go with?
Most banks will mail a check directly to rivian in CA. No need to upload a copy of the check or tracking info.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Not really, would you rather be at dealership for hours.... dealing with sales and finances. Not to mention negotiating prices on top of market adjustments.
Ha. Sorry that was supposed to be sarcastic.
Sponsored