Sponsored

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
As everything on the R1 platform this is waaay over-engineered.
I agree they could recoup all the lost 30 grand per vehicle by not including this speaker as standard :D
And the saddest part that probably 90% of user base does not uses it...
Aside from connecting / testing to make sure it worked at delivery (and realizing it's as quiet as a church mouse), I've used mine exactly zero times in 10 months.

Plenty of room in the R1 for a real portable speaker (like a JBL PartyBox) if I need music I can actually hear outdoors.
Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Aside from connecting / testing to make sure it worked at delivery (and realizing it's as quiet as a church mouse), I've used mine exactly zero times in 10 months.

Plenty of room in the R1 for a real portable speaker (like a JBL PartyBox) if I need music I can actually hear outdoors.
There are a lot of people saying theirs's isn't loud. I am beginning to think all the newer versions are a lot quieter. Anyone with an R1 in the last year have a loud speaker?

chops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE - 22"
since it has the ability to do low latency, multi-room audio streaming and multi-speaker pairing, rivian should really allow it to connect to the car's audio system to provide a little extra bass in the R1S. bass is so anemic, a little extra thump in the front of the cab would be nice!
Sponsored