Canadian delivery timeframe

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
What is your VIN?
VIN is a 2023 model, 18xxx range

Did you get any indication on where the vehicle is? (Ie Are you waiting a month for it to come from factory)
Currently going through checks (in factory?) before being able to schedule delivery. Not sure the timeline, but the purchase agreement explicitly said within 30 days, which puts it riiiight at the end of Feb.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
In the US it's typically 1 month between getting a VIN and being able to schedule delivery. By the time they let you schedule delivery they already have it, so you can usually schedule almost immediately.

It will be interesting to see how long this process take for CA and whether there's some additional time needed for customs at the boarder.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
In the US it's typically 1 month between getting a VIN and being able to schedule delivery. By the time they let you schedule delivery they already have it, so you can usually schedule almost immediately.

It will be interesting to see how long this process take for CA and whether there's some additional time needed for customs at the boarder.
vehicle Imports are very rarely actually examined at the border, and much of the paperwork is handled ahead of time.
The geography part will be the slowdown, less so if they’re shipping to vsncouver by truck.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Looks like we might be getting some bad news tomorrow.
The website has been updated to show new deliveries are expected to begin 2024.

Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe 1674787208549

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huh? You lost me there.
It said 2023, until yesterday.

Today is the last froday of the month, which is when Rivian seems to send out “updates”.

the implication is that delivery estimates are going to move further down the calendar, for people who aren’t in whatever rivian’s defined max distance from a service centre is.

there is however hope for people in southern Alberta or the Toronto area, as Rivian has now confirmed vis their map that they’ve got service centres in progress in Calgary and toronna.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
the implication is that delivery estimates are going to move further down the calendar, for people who aren’t in whatever rivian’s defined max distance from a service centre is.
From what I saw - this was wording updated for anyone placing a new order now. It's entirely likely they are full-up with existing orders for this year and there is little hope for a new order to get delivered this year so they are setting expectations. I don't think it's an obvious indication that existing orders will slip by a year (doesn't mean it won't happen....it's just not a gauruntee based on that update).

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
the implication is that delivery estimates are going to move further down the calendar
Yeah, this is totally NOT a statement that delivery timeline has slipped for any existing order. That's a huge leap to a conclusion based on nothing. This date on the website is just guidance for people who want to place new orders, and we have known for a long time that the guidance was outdated and needed to be updated.

Here's what we know:
  • End of Q3 they had 114k undelivered orders.
  • Q4 they produced roughly 10k.
  • 2023 production will be 75k (by MY estimate - Rivian hasn't announced anything yet).
That means they will still have at least 30k unfulfilled orders at the end of 2023, PLUS any new orders they got in Q4 and will get in 2023. So it's OBVIOUS and HAS BEEN obvious at least since Q3 that the "end of 2023" guesstimate for new orders was no longer correct. It was past due for a correction, that's why it was corrected - it's not a portent.

On another note, "Deliveries for new reservations are expected to begin at the end of 2023" was not even close to being the same as "you will get your car in 2023". People are reading what they want to hear, not what was actually said.

They have had that old date on the website for almost a year. This is simply a case of Rivian correcting outdated information on the website.

Rivian has been extremely GOOD at meeting delivery windows for the past six months - their supply chain issues and batching issues have become more manageable and more predictable, and many people are getting their vehicles even before their windows. Canada is still in a rough spot since deliveries are in the early phase, but they are happening. There is absolutely no reason to think that there will be further delays in starting deliveries to Canada, and in fact there's good reason to think they will be prioritizing deliveries to Canada for some period of time. Rivian has goals for completing LE deliveries, which are mostly done for the R1T (except for Canadian orders) and which are well under way with the R1S. Canadian LE vehicles will definitely be delivered this year because that is all that is preventing Rivian from meeting this critical milestone.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
My delivery time frame for LE R1S went from July-Sept 2023 to Processing Estimate this morning. Located in Toronto.

Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My delivery time frame for LE R1S went from July-Sept 2023 to Processing Estimate this morning. Located in Toronto.
I noticed mine did the same when I looked at about 6 pm last night.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Anyone's delivery window stay the same or move up? (see https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/jan-2023-delivery-estimate-updates.12156/post-275477)

My 2018 LE R1S Feb/Mar window has slipped 2 months to Apr/May. My 2021 Adv R1T slipped from Feb/Mar to May/Jun. Delivery location (Vancouver Island) shouldn't be the issue given that there has been (at least one) R1T deliveries on the island already. Frustrating to see yet another delay right before my window started. Especially for an 2018 order :(

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone's delivery window stay the same or move up? (see https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/jan-2023-delivery-estimate-updates.12156/post-275477)

My 2018 LE R1S Feb/Mar window has slipped 2 months to Apr/May. My 2021 Adv R1T slipped from Feb/Mar to May/Jun. Delivery location (Vancouver Island) shouldn't be the issue given that there has been (at least one) R1T deliveries on the island already. Frustrating to see yet another delay right before my window started. Especially for an 2018 order :(
Wonder how much BC Ferries will end up delaying things for you, on top of Rivian themselves 😬😬😬🫠

Eti

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
it manager

Mine has slipped has well, was july to september 2023, now october to december 2023. LE R1S Limestone/OC reserved in October 2020. Delivery location Gatineau, QC (near Ottawa).

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is still processing - in Ontario. R1T - Preorder May 2019.
Sponsored