First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
More or less that is what I recall as I also had pre-orders for jack pucks that were ’obsolete’ before they even shipped, I didn’t bother exchanging. I was joking when I said they paid you off, either way glad you are happy with their service.

Yeah, I don't think there is a "perfect" after-market supplier out there, anywhere. Save for that puck example, I haven't had any issues. Love the R1T running boards I got from EVS (there is a full review thread on those as well), as well as the Tesla stuff I got from the sister brand, T-Sportline.
Sponsored

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Gang, we work hard to satisfy all customers - best recommendation is contact us directly, give us a minute (or two) to reply (ie when sending a message Friday afternoon for instance, please be considerate that it may be mondayish to get a response - ideally this does not turn into a flame online Sunday evening "EV Sportline is ghosting me!"). Email, Chat, Call, etc - be sure to include your name, email, order number (or leave a message), which will help us figure out who you are and what is needed. Thanks again everyone!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, I don't think there is a "perfect" after-market supplier out there, anywhere. Save for that puck example, I haven't had any issues. Love the R1T running boards I got from EVS (there is a full review thread on those as well), as well as the Tesla stuff I got from the sister brand, T-Sportline.
No doubt. I judge suppliers not by the mistakes they make or the problems I encounter but how they respond to them.

The jack puck example alone wasn’t enough. I also ordered R800 wheels and tires, first off my tires were not mounted correctly so I had to take them to a tire shop. They guarantee no rubbing but many have it and they have since updated their offering to the correct offset. Now my experience with this display. So far I have not had any problem free transactions with them. So my statement is buyer beware and never under any circumstances preorder from them.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Gang, we work hard to satisfy all customers - best recommendation is contact us directly, give us a minute (or two) to reply (ie when sending a message Friday afternoon for instance, please be considerate that it may be mondayish to get a response - ideally this does not turn into a flame online Sunday evening "EV Sportline is ghosting me!"). Email, Chat, Call, etc - be sure to include your name, email, order number (or leave a message), which will help us figure out who you are and what is needed. Thanks again everyone!
Lol you guys are a joke… customer blaming and for the record again I didn’t say a word about a lack of a response until end of day Monday, and still don’t have one so…

Sincerely,

Former customer

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Lol you guys are a joke… customer blaming and for the record again I didn’t say a word about a lack of a response until end of day Monday, and still don’t have one so…

Sincerely,

Former customer

Off Topic, re your Avatar... Where did you get those "Subaru-like" vinyl decals? TWRAPS? LA Sliver truck?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

No doubt. I judge suppliers not by the mistakes they make or the problems I encounter but how they respond to them.

The jack puck example alone wasn’t enough. I also ordered R800 wheels and tires, first off my tires were not mounted correctly so I had to take them to a tire shop. They guarantee no rubbing but many have it and they have since updated their offering to the correct offset. Now my experience with this display. So far I have not had any problem free transactions with them. So my statement is buyer beware and never under any circumstances preorder from them.
Joshua,

I am sorry you are so upset - i am honestly not sure how this got so cross? It looks like you're asking us to confirm if your custom power options 'work'. Without having your custom parts to test, I am not sure how we're supposed to confirm this for you. USB-C power sources vary, some work and others do not, I can't speak for your custom pieces.

We recommend using the power cord we supply. We also offer a secondary option using the cigarette lighter. Seems reasonable to recommend using our supplied power options - and defer from confirming if your custom power options will work....honestly, i have no way to confirm that unless you want to send them to me to test.

Anyway, I am happy to give you a refund for the Smart Screen if you want to send it back. As stated, we work to satisfy all customers - hopefully a refund does it for you.

Best regards

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

This wheel thing has been on my mind all day…. Didn’t ask them to swap yours out with Gen 2, like I did the puck? You might be pleasantly surprised (or not). Doesn’t hurt to ask, IMHO.

Sponsored

Cypress

First Name
Cypress
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Pacifica PHEV, Reserved R2
Occupation
Associate Technical Fellow in Model Based Definition and PLM
new here. Just placed a reservation for an R2,

has their been any kind of effort to petition Rivian to add CarPlay or a poll created to see interes?

OP
OP

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
@Cypress Not aware of any poll/petition other than a number of forum related queries. Rivian wants to keep complete control of their S/W and RJ has mentioned this a number of times.
Sponsored