First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
I am happy to report that after reading all the posts about the EV Sportline running boards on here, I was able to complete my DIY install and am very happy with the outcome. I will confirm what others have said, that the product is very well constructed and high quality. I was a bit nervous about doing my own install, but it was actually pretty effortless and came out great (took about 5 hrs).

I used the option to cut out the L and T slots per the template as I wanted a cleaner look and wanted to retain the panels under the vehicle. I also used the @jebinc tip for Gorilla Patch Tape to close it off and make it even cleaner looking.

Tips learned from my process:
1) Don't forget to put the vehicle in Off Road mode for extra height (I initially only used High in All Purpose mode which is not full height)
2) Watch the videos on the EV Sportline site about dealing with the clips. A little patience getting them off helps.
3) We cut out the L and T slots from the paper template as well as the panel bolt reference holes and then used a sharpie to draw the L and T slots on the panels so there was no issue with paper shifting during the cutting process
4) Using an oscillating saw with a D shaped plastic cutting blade, was easy like cutting butter and resulted in clean cuts.

Here are some pics of the end results and the tape method to cover the gaps between the brackets and Panels.

Thanks @EV Sportline for putting out a great product.

Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5393.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5394.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5397.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5382.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5383.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) IMG_5379.JPG
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I am happy to report that after reading all the posts about the EV Sportline running boards on here, I was able to complete my DIY install and am very happy with the outcome. I will confirm what others have said, that the product is very well constructed and high quality. I was a bit nervous about doing my own install, but it was actually pretty effortless and came out great (took about 5 hrs).

I used the option to cut out the L and T slots per the template as I wanted a cleaner look and wanted to retain the panels under the vehicle. I also used the @jebinc tip for Gorilla Patch Tape to close it off and make it even cleaner looking.

1) Don't forget to put the vehicle in Off Road mode for extra height (I initially only used High in All Purpose mode which is not full height)
2) Watch the videos on the EV Sportline site about dealing with the clips. A little patience getting them off helps.
3) We cut out the L and T slots from the paper template as well as the panel bolt reference holes and then used a sharpie to draw the L and T slots on the panels so there was no issue with paper shifting during the cutting process
4) Using an oscillating saw with a D shaped plastic cutting blade, was easy like cutting butter and resulted in clean cuts.

Here are some pics of the end results and the tape method to cover the gaps between the brackets and Panels.

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG

But, but…. Where’s the welting?!

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
Looks great and good job!

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
nice job. Did you covered up the jack point too with gorilla tape?

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
Awesome - thanks for sharing!

nkohlimd

First Name
Neeraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Glacier White/Forest Edge
I installed these this past weekend...took 4 hours total and it went smoothly. Used the 4" hole technique.

Some additional tips:
1. Assemble the boards inside on a carpeted surface. Install the welting before final tightening of the bolts.
2. I put on a layer of ceramic coat to help with dirt and dust
3. Make sure you get a whole drill kit which has an adjustable center bit
4. Make sure you wear glasses and a baseball hat when drilling out the bottom panels – I had a bunch of small plastic pieces in my hair (what little amount is left)
5. Screw all the installation bolts loosely so that everything is aligned properly and then tighten with torque wrench.
6. Enjoy the new boards!
Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) Rivian Running Board Pic

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I installed these this past weekend...took 4 hours total and it went smoothly. Used the 4" hole technique.

Some additional tips:
1. Assemble the boards inside on a carpeted surface. Install the welting before final tightening of the bolts.
2. I put on a layer of ceramic coat to help with dirt and dust
3. Make sure you get a whole drill kit which has an adjustable center bit
4. Make sure you wear glasses and a baseball hat when drilling out the bottom panels – I had a bunch of small plastic pieces in my hair (what little amount is left)
5. Screw all the installation bolts loosely so that everything is aligned properly and then tighten with torque wrench.
6. Enjoy the new boards!
Rivian Running Board Pic.jpeg
Ooo I like that yellow accent on running board, do you mind sharing where you got that?

Sponsored

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
Great job ! thanks for sharing

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

nice. but is that really cleaner than the round cuts? maybe depends on how we define clean 😉

Rivian R1T R1S Completed my RMaxx Running Board install (R1S) A9AC862E-BE81-481B-930D-473979CB9924

mptx17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

IMG_5393.JPG
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5379.JPG
Looks great. Well done!
Sponsored