Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I think the point is that, there are people on here that ONLY trash Rivians. Never a good thing to say. Yet they've been on here for quite a long time, and have hundreds of comments. So do they really have a Rivian, or are they trying to impact customer perceptions. I lean towards the latter explanation. Impacting customer perception CAN impact sales and hence stock price. I worked on Wall Street a long time. THere's nothing I wouldn't put past some of those traders....
It is sad that happens (which it has.....i.e. YELP). Some people live for behaving like this. They had a bad experience or they have a friend that has an uncle that his best friend heard from a coworker that that person read a review on the Rivian so they decide it is God's truth......after all, everything we read on the internet is 100% true and needs to be believed without question.......LOLOLOL.

We had a Volvo XC40 Recharge that we had issues with. When I wrote in comments about it, I always was truthful about the good and the bad. I gave the facts and then let others make up their mind.
Sponsored

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
I think the point is that, there are people on here that ONLY trash Rivians. Never a good thing to say. Yet they've been on here for quite a long time, and have hundreds of comments. So do they really have a Rivian, or are they trying to impact customer perceptions. I lean towards the latter explanation. Impacting customer perception CAN impact sales and hence stock price. I worked on Wall Street a long time. THere's nothing I wouldn't put past some of those traders....
Good point in fact I think it safe to say the majority of owners do not use this forum and never post and love their vehicles. Forums tend to be all the negatives. My R1t is fantastic and I have owned a large variety of ICE and Ev’s date.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

We have both an S and T with only minor nits to pick so far. Any vehicle you buy will have issues.

For those of you complaining about the handling: this is a 7500lb vehicle, not an F1 racer. If you think about it like an f350 you'll have more realistic expectations.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I’ve owned ten electric vehicles over twelve years and the Rivian is ranked #8 in reliability so far, ahead of only two horrific Tesla Xs (one a lemon). It may drop further over time, but I hope it doesn’t. Unlike the Teslas the doors seem to reliably open and close. For that I am grateful.

The R1S is significant because it is the first full size seven seat SUV (the Model X doesn’t count). That makes it worth the purchase. But it is not a great car. It isn’t even a good car. It is built pretty badly. It’s just the first in its market segment. That’s what is good about it. It’s first.
From the frequency with which you replace cars, it seems like no one can please you

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

So I jinxed myself. Within hour of my post thinking I was one of the lucky ones, my S kicked critical battery error that can not be cleared after a lot of phone troubleshooting.
She is heading back to Normal this week to figure out issue.

I have been following the forums for last couple of years. I will argue this place has as many negative Nellys as Rivian fanboys/girls.

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

From the frequency with which you replace cars, it seems like no one can please you
I think what NineElectrics meant to indicate is that they have significant experience with multiple EVs and/or cars and they were trying to be objective that the R1S is the first full size SUV in the EV segment.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
I’m honestly considering returning/ selling mine too! I was so excited for it but Im just not feeling it. A past of me wants to keep it because it’s electric and would help with my 137 mile daily commute. Then I start to analyze the overall vehicle and see how the fit and finish just isn’t there. I feel sorry for those buying these with post March 2022 pricing. I’ve been playing with the ride settings as I don’t like how it rides. I feel stiff option feels better than soft. How is that possible?! Im giving it a few more days before I figure out what I want to do. I guess I’ve been spoiled by my Range Rover.
I totally understand what you are talking about. Under the soft option, the best way to describe it is that the suspension feels artificial. The articulation on bumpy roads, not what I am used to. And I have owned an EV (Tesla), PHEV, and many other vehicles.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I totally understand what you are talking about. Under the soft option, the best way to describe it is that the suspension feels artificial. The articulation on bumpy roads, not what I am used to. And I have owned an EV (Tesla), PHEV, and many other vehicles.
Yes I agree! I was told to try snow mode on Auto height adjustment and see how I like that. Will try it out today and see.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
Yes I agree! I was told to try snow mode on Auto height adjustment and see how I like that. Will try it out today and see.
Having to drive on snow mode...LOL that doesn't make any sense.

Additionally, I noticed that some areas of the road that should be smooth are bumpy and thump sounds form teh suspension.. and other areas that should be bumpy are very smooth. I know it doesn't make sense but thats the best way to describe it.
and yes this is from 2 different rivians.

BTW: I also noticed that you are a Dec 21 preorder and you already have it. I am a June 21 preorder and my delivery date is Oct - Jan.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Having to drive on snow mode...LOL that doesn't make any sense.

Additionally, I noticed that some areas of the road that should be smooth are bumpy and thump sounds form teh suspension.. and other areas that should be bumpy are very smooth. I know it doesn't make sense but thats the best way to describe it.
and yes this is from 2 different rivians.

BTW: I also noticed that you are a Dec 21 preorder and you already have it. I am a June 21 preorder and my delivery date is Oct - Jan.
Yes I agree with you. The suspension and its ride makes no sense to me.

I had originally ordered in Jan of 21 and then canceled and reordered in Dec of 21. I called customer service and asked for shop access as I noticed others were doing so on the other forum I’m on and they gave it to me. The first R1S I got I had to reject prior to delivery as it was a total cosmetic mess. Then I found this one and it’s got fit and finish issues but nothing like the first one.

Sponsored

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
I sold my R1T Launch Edition (pre March) about 2 months ago. I got tired of constantly having tickets open, things not working, damage from services, ext. Once it started to take 6+ months for appointments and the Service Center lying to me I said I'm out. Got one last service to make sure everything was perfect and sold it. Sold for over purchase price within 2 days....

Not to knock the car cause it was amazing overall. The price does NOT justify the customer treatment. We (my wife and I) were treated like TOTAL garbage at the Bellevue location. Lied to multiple times and had comments under the breath. I've never had such a negative experience especially spending the kind of money we spent with Rivian. Fit and finish could have been better, but it's a first gen of a first gen.

My biggest gripe with Rivian is how little they actually care about the customer. The entire customer service experience was complete crap. My local Toyota and Mercedes dealers knock it out of the park with service. Drinks, nice waiting rooms, snacks, and wonderfully nice service employees. Bellevue had zero anything! For a $100k car I found that to be absolutely unacceptable.

Ultimately the R1T got sold and we canceled our R1S pre-order......

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
So I jinxed myself. Within hour of my post thinking I was one of the lucky ones, my S kicked critical battery error that can not be cleared after a lot of phone troubleshooting.
She is heading back to Normal this week to figure out issue.

I have been following the forums for last couple of years. I will argue this place has as many negative Nellys as Rivian fanboys/girls.
The people I tend to listen to are those that can give it both praise in one post, and criticism in another post.

There are things I love like the Range, Utility, Off-road capabilities.

And there are things I dislike, but arn't that big of a deal like the how noisy the preconditioning before Charging can be. Or how fickle the passive unlocking/locking can be.

Then there a things like the tok noise which I hate so much I'm like a broken record. Haha

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I’ve had the R1T over a year and looking forward to getting the S. I’ve driven many Audis, Lexus and different trucks and they do better than Rivian in different key areas. But for a vehicle to do almost everything well, nothing beats the Rivian in both truck and SUV. Especially when you look at it as a start up, an EV, and not wealthy by car company standards, it is very impressive! In quality, features, capability, desire, culture, etc. Also unless you’re regularly using its adventure lifestyle prowess you may feel like other luxury SUVs are better. So until Lexus builds the Lexus GX EV then this will be the best all rounder SUV EV.

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

I’m gonna say this…my T is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned. Minor issues fixed at Normal service center when had tires rotated. Every legacy car manufacturer has issues as well, ICE or EV. Every contact I’ve had with Rivian has been top notch. I don’t consider myself lucky….I consider myself a 100% satisfied customer with my purchase. 20000 miles and a joy every one.

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
I sold my R1T Launch Edition (pre March) about 2 months ago. I got tired of constantly having tickets open, things not working, damage from services, ext. Once it started to take 6+ months for appointments and the Service Center lying to me I said I'm out. Got one last service to make sure everything was perfect and sold it. Sold for over purchase price within 2 days....

Not to knock the car cause it was amazing overall. The price does NOT justify the customer treatment. We (my wife and I) were treated like TOTAL garbage at the Bellevue location. Lied to multiple times and had comments under the breath. I've never had such a negative experience especially spending the kind of money we spent with Rivian. Fit and finish could have been better, but it's a first gen of a first gen.

My biggest gripe with Rivian is how little they actually care about the customer. The entire customer service experience was complete crap. My local Toyota and Mercedes dealers knock it out of the park with service. Drinks, nice waiting rooms, snacks, and wonderfully nice service employees. Bellevue had zero anything! For a $100k car I found that to be absolutely unacceptable.

Ultimately the R1T got sold and we canceled our R1S pre-order......
Sounds like you were dealing with issues just as volumes were ramping and SCs would have been stretched. 6 months is a long time but the way I look at it, Rivian was very reasonable locking in bargain pricing (which you profited from), so there needs to be some reciprocation. We will not know how you approached Rivian staff. I hope you were considerate and without tone/attitude etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: