First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
An F150 kept flashing his lights at me yesterday afternoon. Thought there was a LEO nearby, or that my sheetrock was going airborne, or some other alert.

My better half pointed out that it was likely a Lightning just trying to be friendly.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I’m just not that nice.
I can't get used to that either. People saying stuff to me while I'm driving by and my first thought is "what the hell I didn't do anything" They most likely are just trying to tell me I have a cool truck considering that's happened a bunch of times already.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I can't get used to that either. People saying stuff to me while I'm driving by and my first thought is "what the hell I didn't do anything" They most likely are just trying to tell me I have a cool truck considering that's happened a bunch of times already.
even if the Count sees another Rivian he doesn't bother to wave unless it has a snow plow attached.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
even if the Count sees another Rivian he doesn't bother to wave unless it has a snow plow attached.
You should get that snow cat thing you posted about. Just don't do a Jeremy Renner with it and shut it off if you're going out to help someone so you don't get run over by your own machine.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
You should get that snow cat thing you posted about. Just don't do a Jeremy Renner with it and shut it off if you're going out to help someone so you don't get run over by your own machine.
The Count might invest in one of these:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
The Count might invest in one of these:

If the count already has the combine then sure. That's the expensive part of that setup but you'd certainly be moving snow as much as you wanted with that.

Sponsored

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
Hearing the word “smooth” in the same sentence as Rivian makes me jealous. Every day I get into the R1S wanting to love it. It has power, it’s comfortable, it handles well. But the last thing it is is smooth. It’s dare I say harsh over anything but freshly paved road. We bounce and rattle just going down the street. It makes it hard to picture keeping the R1S long term.

Still wishing the R1S was even 1/2 as smooth as the R1T.
why don’t you swap for R1T?

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hearing the word “smooth” in the same sentence as Rivian makes me jealous. Every day I get into the R1S wanting to love it. It has power, it’s comfortable, it handles well. But the last thing it is is smooth. It’s dare I say harsh over anything but freshly paved road. We bounce and rattle just going down the street. It makes it hard to picture keeping the R1S long term.

Still wishing the R1S was even 1/2 as smooth as the R1T.
Take it out of sport mode?

(sorry, couldn't resist).

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
We need the 3 rows. Will be swapping to a Lexus TX550h+ once they come out.
I am digging the new GX. In a BEV we might have a winner as I am certain the suspension won't sound and feel like a 400k mile F150.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
The Count has been told his order may not qualify for Ford's new price break/incentives. The Count might tell the dealer to pound sand.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
why don’t you swap for R1T?
I have an R1T and mirror his sentiment...suspension is rattly over anything but perfect roads on the 20s...they say its normal.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
The Count has been told his order may not qualify for Ford's new price break/incentives. The Count might tell the dealer to pound sand.
They figure that your truck is already sold and therefore doesn't need to be incentivized. Just like the same sort of dirty tricks a cable company does when your year at the "introductory rate" is up. You have to pay the new price until you ask to cancel it and then it's all "oh we want your business sir sorry". I bet if you do tell them to pound sand you magically will qualify again.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
They figure that your truck is already sold and therefore doesn't need to be incentivized. Just like the same sort of dirty tricks a cable company does when your year at the "introductory rate" is up. You have to pay the new price until you ask to cancel it and then it's all "oh we want your business sir sorry". I bet if you do tell them to pound sand you magically will qualify again.
He plans to tell them to unwind and even if they decide to not refund the deposit the Count can eat the deposit, place a new order and still pay less as well as open the potential for the tax credit.

Or he could buy a cybertruck when they ship in 2029.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
He plans to tell them to unwind and even if they decide to not refund the deposit the Count can eat the deposit, place a new order and still pay less as well as open the potential for the tax credit.

Or he could buy a cybertruck when they ship in 2029.
I agree with this except for the part of the count punishing himself with a cyber truck.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Plow guys said the Lightning is not set up to take a plow (radiator located outside the frame box). The Count is not sad, however, as it means he can go tractor shopping.
Sponsored