Sponsored

Driver door window wouldn't go up no matter what.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
All of mine seem kind of weak, but now that I have the loaner they're also the same. Maybe they just speced them to be slow but while my driver side never got stuck, three or four times it refused to go all the way up. It would go up about a third of the way and then back down on its own. I'm concerned they'll just get worse over time.
Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

All of mine seem kind of weak, but now that I have the loaner they're also the same. Maybe they just speced them to be slow but while my driver side never got stuck, three or four times it refused to go all the way up. It would go up about a third of the way and then back down on its own. I'm concerned they'll just get worse over time.
You should try the recalibration techniques discussed here, they may completely solve your problem. Just wait until dry weather in case you need to urgently drive to your SC with a window stuck open.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
You should try the recalibration techniques discussed here, they may completely solve your problem. Just wait until dry weather in case you need to urgently drive to your SC with a window stuck open.
I guess it couldn't hurt but I could see the recalibration making sense if the window didn't close all the way ever. It doesn't make sense for it to come up about a third of the way and then just go back down on its own and randomly where most of the time it would go all the way up. It seems more like it's weak motor and or there's some sort of safety feature. Maybe where if there's too much resistance it goes back down? That same window also had a glob of grease trapped in the trim against the window like it's been an issue at manufacturer where they tried to fix it with a bunch of grease.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I guess it couldn't hurt but I could see the recalibration making sense if the window didn't close all the way ever. It doesn't make sense for it to come up about a third of the way and then just go back down on its own and randomly where most of the time it would go all the way up. It seems more like it's weak motor and or there's some sort of safety feature. Maybe where if there's too much resistance it goes back down? That same window also had a glob of grease trapped in the trim against the window like it's been an issue at manufacturer where they tried to fix it with a bunch of grease.
Mine was random as you described, and the calibration fixed it. A later OTA-introduced bug caused the calibration data to get lost/corrupted.

I think you're right about the safety feature. The calibration is a way of telling the truck that there's nothing blocking the window, and by making it travel the full distance in both directions it can learn what is normal resistance (some windows move slower than others before recalibrating) versus the hard stop of the window frame.

tofsla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Just for future reference there is actually ANOTHER window calibration setting that resolved my rear window not rolling up at all. Credit to someone on Reddit from getting it from a SC person.

You have to sit in the seat, door closed, hold the window bottom down half way (this is key) for about 20 seconds while the window is down all the way then repeat the same process holding up half way. After about 5 seconds on the up hold the window started working again.

Worked wonders for me and my window is actually faster now.
this is the only thing that worked for me. The 5sec-down-up did not work, but this did. Just make sure to keep holding up after the window gets back up to the stuck position and stops. It stops for a couple seconds and then continues.

Sponsored

jonrbing

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, GTR
Just for future reference there is actually ANOTHER window calibration setting that resolved my rear window not rolling up at all. Credit to someone on Reddit from getting it from a SC person.

You have to sit in the seat, door closed, hold the window bottom down half way (this is key) for about 20 seconds while the window is down all the way then repeat the same process holding up half way. After about 5 seconds on the up hold the window started working again.

This just worked for me when nothing else would. Thank you! Just saved me so much time and frustration.

All_electric_Seattle

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, R1T
Occupation
Construction
I had the same problem (but on the passenger side). They were able to re flash/calibrate during a mobile service. Don't know why they couldn't do it for you with mobile service.

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
I'm having the same issue as Dhario above. I made the mistake of opening my window this morning and now it won't close completely. I called the service number after trying to recalibrate from the instructions in the thread didn't work. The service rep said they had received several calls this morning from others having the same issue. While it was relatively cold here this morning, 25 degrees, no where near what others have experienced this week. I've tried soft and hard resets, sleep cycles, and charging the vehicle to warm up the battery. It is currently charged and 50 degrees in my garage, but I still have a 1/4" gap at the top of the window. Hopefully service will have a quick and easy solution soon.

Any other members having a similar issue today?

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

This also worked for me, thank you. Yesterday going grocery shopping the window rolled itself down when I opened the door without even touching the controls and was stuck that way until I did the above solution this morning. Worked like a charm!

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
a week after my initial issue, my window works fully again. I tried the recalibration method many times, and today it finally worked. My window completely closes. Fortunately I can now cancel my service appt for tomorrow.

My best guess is I haven't driven the car much this weekend, nor charged it and the deep sleep allowed the calibration exercise to work.

Sponsored

neverstill

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2020 Tesla Model X, 2022 Range Ro
Occupation
Farmer

This one worked for me on driver’s side rear window after kids messed with it and it wouldn’t go up past 4 inches. Had to do the procedure several times but eventually it worked. Tried all of the other car resets first to no avail. Thanks for the tip!!

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I picked up the truck yesterday, the SA said the driver door window module had to be reflashed. I asked if that's something myself or mobile service could do and he said no.
That's pretty much all the info I have.
If no parts were changed, odds of it happening are very high, unfortunately.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If no parts were changed, odds of it happening are very high, unfortunately.
This isn't really the case for a vehicle that is highly dependent on software. And, in fact, a "part" was changed... it just wasn't a piece of hardware that got replaced. It seems one of the early OTA updates wiped out some data it shouldn't have. While it is possible the window issue could happen again, it is actually pretty unlikely.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
This isn't really the case for a vehicle that is highly dependent on software. And, in fact, a "part" was changed... it just wasn't a piece of hardware that got replaced. It seems one of the early OTA updates wiped out some data it shouldn't have. While it is possible the window issue could happen again, it is actually pretty unlikely.
If it happened after an OTA update, sure. If the module lost or corrupted its storage, it's an intermittent issue and is likely happen again. I did not see OP mentioning anything about an OTA update.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Thanks for this. For some reason after leaving my truck alone for about a week while I was on vacation I lowered the driver window today and it would only go up about 1/4 of the way. Tried doing a full vehicle reset and the window calibration by holding the switch down all the way. Just tried the half pull/push like you mentioned and on the way up it stopped at the same spot but a few seconds later went all the way up and the full range of motion is good now.

Phew was worried that the truck would be unusable for however long it takes to get a service appointment for it. It would be basically undrivable.
Sponsored