Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I'm almost certain the vehicle cannot be made road legal. Without passing stringent NHTSA testing, DOT certification and going through the costly homologation process, the maximum speed of the vehicle must be limited to 25 mph (not 60 mph) if it were to be road legal. Either that or they have to remove one of the wheels and make it a three wheeler. Otherwise I can't see how this can ever be used on public roads.
This is not true for AZ. I have relatives and friends with both quads and SXS (CanAms) that are 100% street legal, plated and drive on the streets legally here in AZ. Horn, mirrors, brake lights, side mirrors.
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

This is not true for AZ. I have relatives and friends with both quads and SXS (CanAms) that are 100% street legal, plated and drive on the streets legally here in AZ. Horn, mirrors, brake lights, side mirrors.
But not on freeways or over 45 MPH.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The official vehicle name is "Offroad K32", so that tells you what it's made for.

Funny how Kandi sells all sorts or parts for their vehicles online, but Rivian won't even sell you a spare key fob :(

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups 1709337436418

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

But not on freeways or over 45 MPH.
Both of which are perfect. Arizona is the Wild West. There are thousands of UTV's and even 1500hp sand rails, fully street legal here.

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Yikes! According to what I have in front of me from their website, Kandi offers a 20.7 kWh battery or a 50 kWh battery in the K32.

The range is 50 miles on the small battery and 107 miles on the large battery. The top speed is 60 mph.

It only has a J1772 charging port. They state that cooling is air. I take it they are referring to battery cooling.

What market could they possibly fill with that in North America? Maybe some golf courses or ranches, where the vehicles are kept close to a charger?

Well, at $27,999, it is priced very low.
My 2012 Leaf had better specs.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director