Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups

Megachimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 50th Anniversary, Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Video Game Developer
In Dallas off Forest & 75 where the old Academy Sports was.

Surprisingly good looking from a distance, but once you get close to it, the whole "Made in China" aspect really shows itself. No idea who would buy one of these things, but was interesting to see them in the wild.

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS (1)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS (3)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS (4)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS (5)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS (6)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups Image from iOS
Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Has a last gen Nissan Frontier vibe to them.. Not impressed.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Yikes! According to what I have in front of me from their website, Kandi offers a 20.7 kWh battery or a 50 kWh battery in the K32.

The range is 50 miles on the small battery and 107 miles on the large battery. The top speed is 60 mph.

It only has a J1772 charging port. They state that cooling is air. I take it they are referring to battery cooling.

What market could they possibly fill with that in North America? Maybe some golf courses or ranches, where the vehicles are kept close to a charger?

Well, at $27,999, it is priced very low.

OP
OP

Megachimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 50th Anniversary, Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Video Game Developer
that was my thought too. I had no idea what it was until I googled it in the parking lot. Instantly thought "who would buy this." Only real answer I could come up with was an on-premises work truck like a ranch.

I thought the most interesting thing was simply the fact that it existed.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Meter Maids?

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Why do I get a feeling like that truck skipped leg day?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Yikes! According to what I have in front of me from their website, Kandi offers a 20.7 kWh battery or a 50 kWh battery in the K32.

The range is 50 miles on the small battery and 107 miles on the large battery. The top speed is 60 mph.

It only has a J1772 charging port. They state that cooling is air. I take it they are referring to battery cooling.

What market could they possibly fill with that in North America? Maybe some golf courses or ranches, where the vehicles are kept close to a charger?

Well, at $27,999, it is priced very low.
With an average US commute of 30 minutes and average price of a new vehicle over 28K I think they'll sell a ton of them. Probably wouldn't work for only vehicle but a 2nd or 3rd vehicle in a family would be more than fine.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Are they even certified for travel on US roads?

Makes me wonder what the Chinese think when they see us riding around in $90K Pickup Trucks where a basketball size dent in the rear quarter panel costs $45K to repair?

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
These would be great farm trucks for small chores. Toss on some farm tags so you can get into town for fuel, feed or material runs.

Currently using a Japanese mini truck for this now but this looks even better being an EV. Price points are similar to the Daihatsu HD dump. Would really miss the dump bed tho....

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Not street legal.
In AZ UTV's can be made street legal for $50 or less. Lights, brake lights, mirrors...and that is about it...could definitely drive it on the street here in AZ......The white one looks perfectly fine to me....amazing how this can be shipped, duties and still make everyone a profit at $28K..

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups kandi interior

Reactions: Rad

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Get the Cowboy EV SXS in Launch Green for $13,999 with an electric dump bed ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups cowboy

Rivian R1T R1S Found an entire parking lot full of Kandi K32 Pickups cowboy dump bed

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
In AZ UTV's can be made street legal for $50 or less. Lights, brake lights, mirrors...and that is about it...could definitely drive it on the street here in AZ......The white one looks perfectly fine to me....amazing how this can be shipped, duties and still make everyone a profit at $28K..

kandi interior.jpg
I'm almost certain the vehicle cannot be made road legal. Without passing stringent NHTSA testing, DOT certification and going through the costly homologation process, the maximum speed of the vehicle must be limited to 25 mph (not 60 mph) if it were to be road legal. Either that or they have to remove one of the wheels and make it a three wheeler. Otherwise I can't see how this can ever be used on public roads.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
These would be great farm trucks for small chores. Toss on some farm tags so you can get into town for fuel, feed or material runs.

Currently using a Japanese mini truck for this now but this looks even better being an EV. Price points are similar to the Daihatsu HD dump. Would really miss the dump bed tho....
I do believe this is what these things are intended for, farm utility vehicles.

My only concern would be the air cooled batteries.
Sponsored