Sponsored

Funniest gear guard and drive cam videos?

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I'd love to see some funny or amusing gear guard or drive cam videos, please share!

I'll start. The best way to drive the Road to Hana is to go slow and pull over any time someone is behind you to let them pass. This time I was letting a local pass, but one of her three unsecured dogs in the truck bed had other plans. After some furious honking on my part, the truck owner pulled over and tossed her dog back in the truck bed. No dogs were injured, and everyone but the owner seemed amused! The owner waved me ahead and decided to drive much more slowly after that, so I got a good look at the dog perch in the truck bed. Wow!

Rivian R1T R1S Funniest gear guard and drive cam videos? 09_08_23_144927_image_sideRight_t_Moment
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Those 3 characters in (on) the Ranger look like trouble. That black dog probably realized it and that's why he came running back:CWL: Where were your 2 during all of this?

OP
OP
domoplaytime

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Those 3 characters in (on) the Ranger look like trouble. That black dog probably realized it and that's why he came running back:CWL: Where were your 2 during all of this?
One of the two gets carsick, so no Hana for her. They were both safely bored at home.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
The funniest one is a friend of mine peeing in front of the Rivian where she completely forgot about the whole gear guard thing.

I don't have video of it as I deleted it after she made a recording for herself of it using her cell phone.

Drive Cam is too blurry for any funny that happens on the road.

Other people might find it funny that I tried using the Drive Cam Footage to prove that I wasn't speeding like a cop accused me of. I thought I could get myself out of a ticket, but all that exercise did was to prove that I was an idiot. I someone ended up going 51mph in a 40mph right after the 40mph sign (speeding up from 30) despite someone else being pulled over just 2 minutes prior (they failed to slow down for the 30). I have no idea what I was thinking. The best I can fathom is I was using adaptive cruise control (helps prevent speeding), and glitched while pushing the button to increase the set speed. Sometimes that happens if I hold it down for too long. Or maybe I was just unconsciously trying to speed away from the Yellow Deli (I hear its a cult, but its not open yet for me to try it).

For the "was I speeding" exercise I had to go over the same area at a set speed to determine the differential. I compared frame count from one reference point to another. I really wish Rivian would add the speed readout to the video footage from drivecam because trying to determine speed from video is a pain in the butt. I did send them a feature request.
Sponsored