First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Will we get the other UI updates to the smaller screen as well? Or is this an all in one UI update for the infotainment
These are images of the prototype R2. There's been zero indication from Rivian that this is the final UI will be in the production R2, or that it will ever all appear in the R1. It's a prototype. We also saw a prototype of Tank Turn and Camp Kitchen, didn't we? Where is that?
Sponsored

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

These are images of the prototype R2. There's been zero indication from Rivian that this is the final UI will be in the production R2, or that it will ever all appear in the R1. It's a prototype. We also saw a prototype of Tank Turn and Camp Kitchen, didn't we? Where is that?
While I agree with your tank turn comment.. RJ mentioned to MKBHD that the UI will be coming to R1 also. He didn't say how much of it would translate to the R1 or when. So we will just have to wait and see.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I just use Alexa and the steering wheel controlsā€¦
Alexa is very limited. For instance, you can't even do something as simple as liking the track currently playing in Spotify.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
Moving audio controls to driver side is long overdue. That is a borderline safety issue to have to reach across and I have always wonder who signed off on the original layout.
Agree , hoping for this s00n šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘šŸ¼

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Given that you can have the nav directions on the driver "gauge" screen if desired, I think having music on the right makes more sense in my mind. Although, TBH, it'd be nice if you could "fling" either the navigation or the music panels to the left or right as desired.
I was thinking more about the Turn by Turn - I tend to look at that to confirm exit etc since sometimes its all "Take US-85 on the right" when we just call that road by it's generic street name of "Santa Fe".

Sponsored

madhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
I have a feeling us R1 folks wonā€™t be seeing this until R2 comes out.

But whatever it takes to fine tune and update the UI will be worth the wait.

Also, having the music always up on the driving cluster will be nice so I can free up the main screen with whatever else.
Ugh. Thatā€™s probably honestly the only thing that I really want changed. Everything else that might be an annoyance is fine. But, I should be able to see what song is playing without music taking up the whole center display!
I donā€™t use navigation. I donā€™t care about having psi because I keep the info screen up all the time. I donā€™t really care too much about instantaneous economy. I do care about seeing my music.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

RivianTrackr post on X

Alex from @AutoBuyersG got hands-on with the @Rivian R2. I grabbed some screengrabs from his video on beautiful future software update changes.

- New "floating island" with weather, time, and LTE/Wi-Fi status
- UI elements are much more "round"
- Reimagined Music screen with controls on the left side (closer to the driver)
- New Drive Modes screen with new toggle buttons for Ride, Regen, and Stability
- The charging screen now features a new charge graph similar to that one found on the latest Rivian mobile app

Very excited to see the direction Rivian and the software team are taking with software. We'll see all of these elements come to current R1 vehicles in the near future.

1000384369.jpg
This is the screen I am most interested in. My complaint with the Spotify has always been the lack of ability to move the PLAY screen to the drivers side. It looks like this has it on the left side. Hopefully they put that into the R1's.

The other hope I have is that they get rid of having to log out of Spotify per user. My wife and I have 180 degrees different musical tastes. When she drives the R1T, she logs in as herself, and then when I drive it, I have to log her out and then log me in. FULL DISCLOSURE: I like more of her music than she likes mine.

It would be nice to have Spotify attached to the phone that is used to open the vehicle or possibly when you sit the phone on the wireless charger.

IlliniRivian said:
Moving audio controls to driver side is long overdue. That is a borderline safety issue to have to reach across and I have always wonder who signed off on the original layout.
Agree , hoping for this s00n šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘šŸ¼
I just made the same comment above before I read yours. When my wife is in the passenger seat, she controls all that....LOLOL but when it is just me, it is awkward to have to lean over (albeit a few inches), but having to find the buttons to push and if you hit a bump or something, your finger moves and then you are taking your eyes off the road. It would be nice to have the audio screen transfer to the main drivers screen and use the paddles and scroll knobs to control it. Then after that, it goes back to the other screen.[/quote]

Last edited:

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Will be interesting to see what they do, and appreciate the continual evolution of the UI. Really, for me, adapting the UI to have features that enhance phone mirroring and interactivity is the thing Rivian lacks but everyone wants. It doesn't have to be CP/AA, to be clear -- just something that better takes advantage of the mobile hard drives everyone has already customized to their needs and carry on their persons nearly all the time.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
This is the screen I am most interested in. My complaint with the Spotify has always been the lack of ability to move the PLAY screen to the drivers side. It looks like this has it on the left side. Hopefully they put that into the R1's.

The other hope I have is that they get rid of having to log out of Spotify per user. My wife and I have 180 degrees different musical tastes. When she drives the R1T, she logs in as herself, and then when I drive it, I have to log her out and then log me in. FULL DISCLOSURE: I like more of her music than she likes mine.

It would be nice to have Spotify attached to the phone that is used to open the vehicle or possibly when you sit the phone on the wireless charger.

I just made the same comment above before I read yours. When my wife is in the passenger seat, she controls all that....LOLOL but when it is just me, it is awkward to have to lean over (albeit a few inches), but having to find the buttons to push and if you hit a bump or something, your finger moves and then you are taking your eyes off the road. It would be nice to have the audio screen transfer to the main drivers screen and use the paddles and scroll knobs to control it. Then after that, it goes back to the other screen.
[/QUOTE]
At least for safety sakesšŸ˜³

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Please
RivianTrackr post on X

Alex from @AutoBuyersG got hands-on with the @Rivian R2. I grabbed some screengrabs from his video on beautiful future software update changes.

- New "floating island" with weather, time, and LTE/Wi-Fi status
- UI elements are much more "round"
- Reimagined Music screen with controls on the left side (closer to the driver)
- New Drive Modes screen with new toggle buttons for Ride, Regen, and Stability
- The charging screen now features a new charge graph similar to that one found on the latest Rivian mobile app

Very excited to see the direction Rivian and the software team are taking with software. We'll see all of these elements come to current R1 vehicles in the near future.

1000384371.jpg
1000384370.jpg
1000384369.jpg
1000384368.jpg
Please Rivian let me tether my own phone service to the vehicle.

Sponsored

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Also, having the music always up on the driving cluster will be nice so I can free up the main screen with whatever else.
Between tire pressure, efficiency graph, or nav, I would choose Music. :fingerscrossed:

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Please

Please Rivian let me tether my own phone service to the vehicle.
It's also just weird that half or more than half of the connectivity NEEDS LTE instead of LTE and/or Wifi. Also weird that it can't stay connected to wifi when driving or use it.

As an adventure vehicle, aren't they expecting someone to put up a starlink system to get connectivity anywhere.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Did they hire a bunch of ex-apple employees?

the UI looks very iOS "inspired"
It looks very much Material Design inspired to me.

OP
OP
R1 EVY

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

"We'll see all of these elements come to current R1 vehicles in the near future."

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
"We'll see all of these elements come to current R1 vehicles in the near future."
Yeah..but how ā€œnearā€ is actually near. Iā€™ll be stoked but wonā€™t be surprised if itā€™ll be a lot closer to R2 production.
Sponsored