Sponsored

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
I can only hope my process goes as smoothly, so far, not so much. I ordered the R1S December 2018. Last week I received an email telling me the car was in California, where I live. The next email I received the very same day said the R1S was about to leave the factory, which means to me Illinois. I then chatted, via the "chat" system, and was told someone would call me the next day. That was three days ago and I've heard nothing.
Am I the only one frustrated after 4.5 years?
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
We had a great experience also. Signed the final paperwork in the truck bed, in my neighborhood, also under a nice sunny sky.

Added bonus: there’s no attempt at up-selling at the end of the signing process when you just want to get into your new car.
This part is so awesome it can't be understated. I've been through this song and dance so many times it got to the point where I was almost embarrassed as to how short I had to be with people to get them to move past all this crap.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Congratulations!! I still get motivated when others have an amazing experience on their new Rivian purchase!

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Our experience was great as far as the process goes, quick, easy, tailored to our level of info, etc. Our truck just had a damaged trim piece that got pulled/misaligned and gouged, and a dent in the passenger rear door on delivery already. Having to get those fixed which kinda bummed out the entire delivery experience (especially since to fix a dent they have to order a new door, paint it, and install from scratch, and port interior over, etc.
Sponsored