First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Yes, That's a good example. I was unhappy with the puke upgrade approach, but 1EV resolved my issue via DM. That was a good example of them honoring a philosophy over written terms. Not sure about this one, however, as a lot more money is involved. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I will not be ordering at this point, but will give them some more time. They could have collected data on product mix, simply by creating a poll here and other forums/FM - without collecting full price at pre-order. That data could then have been fed into the production planning machine. This used to be my thing before retiring in 2016. Could have also only collected a small deposit, with full charge coming when shipped. Who knows; maybe they need the cash to get production started?
Puke 🤮 lol
Sponsored

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Ordered, can't wait and the wife says thanks :)

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Hey G
Hey I appreciate you want the pre-orders to understand demand but this stated above (full refund without hassle) is not consistent with the terms you have listed on your website for preorders.

582F1D1F-8D60-4E61-B487-3B7DF5041FE6.jpeg
Thanks for finding this! Honestly, this is dumb! Hey we are not perfect, this was just an error on the site - and we've never held anyone to this. So, the site has been reflected to match our reality!

Pre-Order Purchases
Rest assured, you're welcome to cancel your pre-order prior to shipment if needed or desired. No fees will be incurred.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I personally don’t want to have to pay to ship rock sliders back if I buy something that we haven’t even seen a picture of yet and it doesn’t meet expectations. Also I just thought people should know what they have listed for policies on their site, and look contradictory to what was claimed here.

More pics and details will be posted soon, we're not going to ship until those updates are posted. You'll have time to review, for sure!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Thanks for the interest gang - super busy here, but will be posting more details and pics shortly! Thanks for the patience!

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
FWIW - I can attest to the fact they are a "100% satisfaction guaranteed company," as I once had an issue and they quickly and fairly resolved said issue.

Re the terms and blanket statements - could be a case where one department (like the lawyers/contracts people) took one view, absent an understanding of what the leader or marketing department's position/view was. Will be interesting to see if the pre order terms change as a result, or if we get some actual user experiences/photos before the 14 day clock (which started yesterday) runs down.

Well, it looks like the manufacturer has taken proper action, re the terms vs philosophy mismatch. Glad philosophy beat out the lawyer/contract view.

Now, how about a response on why the compass logo was not used on the face plate (smile)?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Just for anyone who wants any background on EV Sportline - They have a shop in Los Angeles that has been servicing Teslas for many years. I have been there twice to get wheels and tires on a Model S and they were great. I have also bought products from them online and had no issues.

I want some sliders and I'm waiting to see more pictures before I order, but I can attest from personal experience that these guys are enthusiasts and deliver good products.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Well, it looks like the manufacturer has taken proper action, re the terms vs philosophy mismatch. Glad philosophy beat out the lawyer/contract view.

Now, how about a response on why the compass logo was not used on the face plate (smile)?

Oh yes, the compass logo definitely belongs exclusively to Rivian, we cannot just 'use' it. We respect Rivian and their IP. So we created a cool design, modest looking. Not putting our logos on this, we know most folks dont like big 3rd party branding!

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Oh yes, the compass logo definitely belongs exclusively to Rivian, we cannot just 'use' it. We respect Rivian and their IP. So we created a cool design, modest looking. Not putting our logos on this, we know most folks dont like big 3rd party branding!
THANK YOU!

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Can we get you guys to make floor mats?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
As promised, happy to present our RMaxx Running Boards and Rock Sliders!

We've carefully engineered these specifically for Rivian fitments. Two options, Running Boards for those that seek the step. And for those that want to tackle the world, we've got the Rock Slider version. Looks are important to us, but so is function. So the sliders are FOR REAL. Go ahead and grind your way over the rockers, we're ready for you. Our sliders are direct frame mount and spec'd for Rivian heavyweights - no brackets or cantilever or light duty stuff here.

FAQ:
  • The step sits about 0.7" under the door
  • The Sliders are attached to the frame, behind (inboard) the running boards.
  • The Slider option is something we weld together with the Running boards. The assembly bolts to the truck (no welding on the truck)
  • Structurally, the running boards are just that - they attach with brackets and provide a step.
  • The Sliders are a heavy duty frame rail attachment that bolts directly to the frame structure and protects when sliding over rocks, high-centering the truck, etc.
  • Neither product prohibits jacking. We have that covered for both Running boards and Sliders.
  • You cant jack up on the running boards
  • You can definitely jack up on the sliders
  • Range impact, will be something, but not quantified at this point. The parts are 'inboard' the tire outer surface, which is good.

Made in the USA - in production now.

Check them out here - Introductory pricing and free shipping for the first wave!

https://evsportline.com/collections...running-board-rock-sliders-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

black-rivian-r1t-running-boards.jpg
Ordered. This will be great for those of us on the shorter side.

On a side note, @EV Sportline I have a product idea. If you are interested, please ping me.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Decided to make the gamble and order them for the R1T, since I just want the steps and not the rock sliders, and these seem pretty reasonable for what I've seen online. Looking forward to seeing more photos and instructions on how they work.

If they work well, we'll be picking up a set for our R1S when it comes in next year!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
When do we think a Rivian will release their version?
Right after the camp kitchen is completed for both R1 vehicles. :p
Sponsored