Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Damn I'm jealous of you all. Still no guide or anything for me here.
Sponsored

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Ended up scooping one from the R1 Shop instead of waiting for my now Oct-Nov window (was Jul-Sep). VIN 74XX

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered four months before you (similar build) and have never been assigned guide. So maybe that's one shade darker than your dark? :)
Try April 2019 preorder and no guide. Even worse don’t even have a delivery window was July/Sept but never got an update window. Contacted CS and they have no idea when I will be assigned a new window. Last CS agent told me I would be updated by the end of the year. I asked to escalate to the next level of CS so she said she would and that I would be contacted by one of managers but just crickets.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Try April 2019 preorder and no guide. Even worse don’t even have a delivery window was July/Sept but never got an update window. Contacted CS and they have no idea when I will be assigned a new window. Last CS agent told me I would be updated by the end of the year. I asked to escalate to the next level of CS so she said she would and that I would be contacted by one of managers but just crickets.
Yeah. Sorta mind blowing how they are just letting people twist in the wind.

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
Also a max pack switcher....feeling the Pain!

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Insurance is proving a bit of a challenge. Tesla (in TX) cannot insure it, as they don't have the VIN in their system. When I called to ask, after a 1hr 10m hold, they told me that there's no real logic to when VINs from non-Tesla's are uploaded, but the system is still being developed, so I should check back 'every few months'. Something tells me that a Rivian VIN isn't going to be top of their priority list (we already have one non-Tesla, the kid's Fiesta) on the policy).

If I apply for the Rivian insurance, nothing happens, I just press the button, it spins for a sec, then the page reloads. I've emails my fairly non-responsive Guide to see what's up with that.

Delivery still slated for Wednesday, so I need to figure something out, which likely means moving everything off Tesla, if I'm to get a reasonable rate. I hate shopping around car insurance, such a PITA.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update:

- Assigned guide on 6/9 which completely blew me away since my delivery window was pushed to 2H2023. So far my guide has been very responsive and helpful.
- Conference call with Rivian regarding insurance (Nationwide) and promptly received a quote. Turns out to be a considerable savings over my current insurance company (Liberty Mutual).
- Text message today that my R1T/Adventure/Large Pack/FG/MB/21" Road, will be delivered from SLC Monday 6/27 provided all goes well with the pre inspection. Last 4 digits of VIN are 6920.
- Now that I have a delivery date and VIN I can get insurance and complete the 8 step.

I think I am more stunned than anything else as I was not expecting to get my R1T until next year.

It is not in my driveway yet and a lot can happen between now and then.
Think having BM, 21" road wheels and road underbody is likely what pushed you forward. That seems to be the trend in deliveries right now.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I accepted mine from the R1 Shop on the 17th and ever since then my guide has told me to not advance my steps and to just wait and see where my VIN actually ends up going.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
Last night got an email asking to confirm my address to be invited to the shop and I also received an email informing me about my 8 step process (just checked and I have a guide assigned as well). Has anyone received both notifications on the same day?

Pharmanml

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
Last night got an email asking to confirm my address to be invited to the shop and I also received an email informing me about my 8 step process (just checked and I have a guide assigned as well). Has anyone received both notifications on the same day?
🤚I did. Both came yesterday as well.

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

Both e mails came for messages well. But nothing in Shop that I can see.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

Took Delivery of my first truck today. I didn't post about the prior processes because I was afraid to jinx it.
Turns out, everything went just as anyone would want it to go. Got the invite to the R1 Shop, found a vehicle the next day, selected it, went through the 12 step program and got the truck today.
The only issue that was a little sketchy was the ACH payment as I made it on Monday, but didn't see the truck until today.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
So far delivery is a go for Monday 6/27 at 5pm.

The purchase process has been straight forward and easy. My guide and my SLC SC contact have been very responsive and helpful.

I am still in a bit of shock but in a good way.
So much for that late 23/24 delivery window. I'm stoked Rivian exceeded your expectations. Congratulations can't wait to see some delivery pics. Oh and I'm not jealous at all. 😎
Sponsored