First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Designer
They've mentioned they'll implement it, its just a matter of time. Personally I wish my Tesla would get more of Rivian's blindspot features such as the sound when you turn on the blinker and someone's there. In the Y you have to look over so far to see the blindspot camera I sometimes don't even look, I just turn my head. Its probably easier in the S and X

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The mirrors work pretty well too and they never need a soft reset.
Yeah.

"Pretty well".

Once you get used to the expanded view the fender cams give you 'though, you realize how much the mirrors miss.

Add me to the list looking forward to the camera update.
🙂

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Yeah.

"Pretty well".

Once you get used to the expanded view the fender cams give you 'though, you realize how much the mirrors miss.

Add me to the list looking forward to the camera update.
🙂
. Yes, that’ll be nice, but properly placed missors (especially ones as big as Rivian’s) miss nothing. In virtually any driving / racing school… Day One, classroom, mirror placement is always a topic.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Mr. Ham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CY R1S
Clubs

The mirrors work pretty well too and they never need a soft reset.
I love the mirrors on the R1 when compared to my cars previous. Seems like I can see so much more.

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
I think R.I.P’s perspective, combined with old-school mirrors (not to mention actually turning your head and looking) should pretty much cover the quarter views!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I use these little convex mirrors, one of the first things I add to all of my cars.

Rivian R1T R1S Lane change / blind spot cameras should be implemented IMG_8843

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Would love to see these implemented. Wonderful safety feature in my Tesla. So appropriate for a truck.
On the old weekly Rivian respond posts on Reddit they said this was in the works.. that was 6 months ago. They also said more audio and video options were coming. They also said rear screen would get more functional. None have happened, no timeline given so, who knows if it’ll happen any time soon.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
As I wait for my CT Vin, extra backseat room is now really only reason for family. I'm more and more surprised at how well Rivian has advanced EV's. I had assumed Tesla was just plain superior in most areas due to their longer timeframe and size. Most of this perception I had picked up from this forum but am now finding not true from banter on their forums.

Examples, garage door opening, vampire drain, soon to charge on both CCS and NACS (specific to CT not enabled for CCS), working outlets when driving in bed, driver screen, full size spare, on board air, working auto drive like feature.

I assume Tesla will fix many over software but shocked not being delivered with.

I do agree and believe Rivian will add the feature requested this year.

Unless I'm completely shocked looks like R1T will still be in garage on about 13 months.

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
I use these little convex mirrors, one of the first things I add to all of my cars.

IMG_8843.jpeg
Properly placed mirrors, one should not be able to see any part of the car...then you wouldn’t need the stick-on thingie. This was in Day One of a driving school I attended a while back. It is, just an opinion however

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Properly placed mirrors, one should not be able to see any part of the car...then you wouldn’t need the stick-on thingie.
I adjust mine in slightly when my rear-view is blocked by stuff over the bed in the R1T (like the rooftop tent). I typically don't like camera rear-view mirrors but it would be helpful in that situation as well. But yeah, you shouldn't typically be able to see the driver of the vehicle behind you in the same lane through the side mirrors.

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
I adjust mine in slightly when my rear-view is blocked by stuff over the bed in the R1T (like the rooftop tent). I typically don't like camera rear-view mirrors but it would be helpful in that situation as well. But yeah, you shouldn't typically be able to see the driver of the vehicle behind you in the same lane through the side mirrors.
100% agree
Sponsored