First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Development
Drove through Hollywood yesterday and map shows road closed. Know what, road wasn’t closed. This is a constant problem and wish they would just give in to CarPlay or let us use a better nav system
Rivian R1T R1S Navigation continues to be wrong IMG_0730
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Agreed, if they aren't going to do car play or android auto, at least add native waze as a navigation option.

Scottm

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
physician
Did you report the problem through the nav?

Joe Hoffman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S & 2013 CMAX Energi Plugin
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I’ve tried to report the “wrong side“ problem within the NAV system however there’s no way to report it. To report that there’s a “problem” doesn’t really help the engineering team as the problem description isn’t specific enough to explain the issue.

am I missing something, is there a way to specify the details of the problem so that someone can fix it?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’ve tried to report the “wrong side“ problem within the NAV system however there’s no way to report it. To report that there’s a “problem” doesn’t really help the engineering team as the problem description isn’t specific enough to explain the issue.

am I missing something, is there a way to specify the details of the problem so that someone can fix it?
Yes, through mapbox.

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/reporting-a-problem/

Reactions: VSG

TNutz

First Name
Taft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance Leader

With the last update, there is now a way to report navigation and destination updates right from the navigations screen. Just hit the little comment icon on right

Joe Hoffman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S & 2013 CMAX Energi Plugin
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Tnutz, I am familiar with how to report problems within the NAV screen however there’s no way to specify the details of the problem from within the nav screen.

Dark-fx suggest using Matt box directly, I wasn’t aware that was the underlying data. Thanks.
But I must admit the “wrong side of the street” problem does not seem to be a problem with the specific location, but rather a systemic problem throughout the system. And I have a hard time believing it hasn’t already been reported given the widespread nature of the issue for almost every address I ever use.

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
Drove through Hollywood yesterday and map shows road closed. Know what, road wasn’t closed. This is a constant problem and wish they would just give in to CarPlay or let us use a better nav system
IMG_0730.jpeg
Tesla crowd-sources real-time traffic movement. Therefore, they know when a road is not closed, even if the map data is incorrect. It costs $100 per year for Premium Data Connectivity, of which real-time traffic data is part of.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Nav works just fine, y'all gotta find a new subject to complain about.

Rivian R1T R1S Navigation continues to be wrong 1000010814

Sponsored

FLTANK

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Performance Dual Motor Max Pack
I had an odd Nav issue earlier this week where it was telling me to stop at a truck weigh station on I-95 in RI. I cancelled and re-entered the route a couple of times but it still tried directing me to exit into the weigh station. Also once I actually drove passed I saw the station was actually closed down so it was wrong twice. I reported it a couple of different ways on the nav screen but definitely a new one for me.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
Tesla crowd-sources real-time traffic movement. Therefore, they know when a road is not closed, even if the map data is incorrect. It costs $100 per year for Premium Data Connectivity, of which real-time traffic data is part of.
Tesla nav is trash too. Rivian and Tesla are both awful nav systems. I still use Waze on my phone. Native Waze would be great. I don’t want CarPlay or Android auto, but I want legit nav on a $100k car and I don’t think Rivian will get there. Tesla’s had 10+ years and their nav is still really pooor.

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S DM
Clubs

Probably unpopular take here but my navigation has been great with no issues. Occasionally I compare what my Rivian is suggesting versus Waze, Apple, and Google maps, and almost every time it’s identical. Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but so far so good!

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
Tesla nav is trash too. Rivian and Tesla are both awful nav systems. I still use Waze on my phone. Native Waze would be great. I don’t want CarPlay or Android auto, but I want legit nav on a $100k car and I don’t think Rivian will get there. Tesla’s had 10+ years and their nav is still really pooor.
Many people disagree, including myself. Tesla navigation is very good, even if a little vanilla. It just works. If you prefer Waze, fine, I like using the built-in nav on the big screen, not my phone. No navigation system is perfect, but Tesla's solution just plain works, and is easy to use. It has steadily improved to get to the mature state of it's current form.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Yesterday my Mac map froze with a view at the end of my road. As I was running errands and local, I didn't notice this for about 20 minutes -- when I was about 7-8 miles away from home. The Nav would name the correct street that I was on however, the map itself wouldn't move.

At my next errand stop I did a software reset and the problem went away.
Sponsored