ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

New asymmetrical tire option looks to be coming soon...

Specs are similar to Pirelli AS+3 but it's a lightweight (41#) all-season with the three peak mountain snowflake (3PMS) certification (perform in severe snow conditions).

“The new, long-lasting CV 4S is our first premium all-weather CUV/SUV tire,” he said.

Yokohama said all sizes of the new CV 4S are backed by its 30-day trial and a 60,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.

According to Yokohama, benefits for the Geolandar CV 4S include:

• Winter traction achieved by the asymmetric tread pattern that creates wet and snow traction while maintaining dry road performance;
  • Wet performance assured by the zig-zag grooves that help resist hydroplaning by evacuating large volumes of water;
  • Long tread life is possible thanks to Yokohama’s new compound technology, which features a new polymer blend and improved micro silica dispersion that enhances rolling resistance and provides long-lasting wear, the company said;
  • A quiet, comfortable ride via a distinctive tread pattern and an advanced construction that reduces road noise, regardless of weather conditions.

Rivian R1T R1S New tire option: YOKOHAMA |GEOLANDAR CV 4S G061 _ 275/60R20 116V 1711147438237-hd
Sponsored

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

Concur on 21 inch all season need.
What is the best option currently avail for 21 inch wheels?

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Concur on 21 inch all season need.
What is the best option currently avail for 21 inch wheels?
It’s super easy as there is only 1 and it’s trash (many are buying 20” rims and 33” tires-275/60R20):
Rivian R1T R1S New tire option: YOKOHAMA |GEOLANDAR CV 4S G061 _ 275/60R20 116V 1711213529741-by

s0ysauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Can't wait to try them when the 20ATs get noisy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Can't wait to try them when the 20ATs get noisy.
Definitely, between this and the 46# Kumho Road Venture AT52 (115T), which is more aggressive off-road oriented (but still All Season), there are some solid options that will be more efficient than the OEM and longer lasting tread hopefully. They look better than the super high efficiency Grabber/Defender/AS+3 options too (a complaint many had about the high MPK tire).

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
How soon ?

How does it compare to the Michelin Defender LTX ms/2 ? I see it highlights winter traction. I don't necessarily need winter specific performance as I hope to find a winter tire so if the Michelin's better the rest of the year, it would be good to know.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Michelin Defender LTX MS2 in 21” are now available. I ordered for a customer yesterday. They are not showing as available yet on most if not all online and distributors sites but my distributor confirmed with Michelin they have them in stock and ordered them for me.

I am able to buy them and ship them to anywhere in the country so if anyone needs help getting them, please let me know.

They would be $410 plus shipping….about $85 less than the Pirelli option. They also come with the Michelin 70k limited warranty.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Michelin Defender LTX MS2 in 21” are now available. I ordered for a customer yesterday. They are not showing as available yet on most if not all online and distributors sites but my distributor confirmed with Michelin they have them in stock and ordered them for me.

I am able to buy them and ship them to anywhere in the country so if anyone needs help getting them, please let me know.

They would be $410 plus shipping….about $85 less than the Pirelli option. They also come with the Michelin 70k limited warranty.
wow. It is earlier than expected for sure. They predicted in July or Aug of this year.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT

I'd like a set, PM me with details on how to get this going if you can.
Sponsored