Sponsored

No/Low Regrets Cost-Cutting Opportunities

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
On the heals of additional layoffs, I'm curious to hear what vehicle features you all would give up and not miss.

We all have different views of course and one thing that may be useless to one person may be highly valued by another. Personally, the camp speaker is useless for me and I don't get much value from changing ride heights. But here's a survey. If you think of other features/items, put them in a response to this thread and I'll try to add them to the survey.

Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...fYJQw-ayMNVQrKuKDQ4S7t2w/viewform?usp=sf_link

Results:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...uUErtZpfYJQw-ayMNVQrKuKDQ4S7t2w/viewanalytics

Sponsored

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

One of the main things I like about the T is the adjustable suspension and gear guard. Others like power charge port and camp speaker seem cool, but unnecessary.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The adjustable suspension is expensive, but does make a difference with efficiency. Although if it is not reliable then it would just be a big waste. Jury is still out on that I guess.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
One of the main things I like about the T is the adjustable suspension and gear guard. Others like power charge port and camp speaker seem cool, but unnecessary.
I'd be OK with those deletions ... but bring back the wood surround on the back of the front seats. It's a small detail that adds to that premium look.

Other potential low hanging fruit is the First Aid kit (you can get a cheap one on Amazon) and tire compressor (ditto).

Whyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My list of things that I wouldn't really miss (I originally wanted the Explore trim):
  1. Pano roof. I don't notice it much, only backseat passengers really do
  2. Camp speaker
  3. Vegan leather seats
  4. Wood trim
  5. Powered charge port

Sponsored

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The adjustable suspension is expensive, but does make a difference with efficiency. Although if it is not reliable then it would just be a big waste. Jury is still out on that I guess.
I keep mine at low almost all the time. So not a big feature for me.

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd be OK with those deletions ... but bring back the wood surround on the back of the front seats. It's a small detail that adds to that premium look.

Other potential low hanging fruit is the First Aid kit (you can get a cheap one on Amazon) and tire compressor (ditto).
First aid kit is still an add-on option, right?

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
First aid kit is still an add-on option, right?
I believe First Aid kit is standard, the Field Kit is a beefed up version and has more "things" in it.

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GM makes a Bolt EUV for those who want a basic EV.
There's no way I'm hanging 4 bikes off the back of a Bolt and F-150 Lightning is too big to fit in my garage. R1S is the most legit 3-row electric SUV right now. Just wondering what features care about least.

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's almost like you're suggesting there should be a trim below "Adventure"... "Explore", perhaps
Yeah, I had wanted Explore to begin with for sure. I get that they need a way to raise prices without raising prices though... and needed to reduce manufacturing complexity.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs