Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That’s exactly the point! ????
Tim,

I trust this is not you in the picture....

That said, if by chance it is you, CONGRATS!!! I'm very happy for you two! ?

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? FB_IMG_1596900645189001

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Tim,

I trust this is not you in the picture....

That said, if by chance it is you, CONGRATS!!! I'm very happy for you two! ?

FB_IMG_1596900645189001.jpg
Ummmmm ... no its not me! LOL!!!!!

pcrampton

First Name
Perrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Manager
First of all, a Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! To that end, I submit a little humor. If a moderator should find this inappropriate, please advise and I'll be happy to remove it. In light of the recent Hindenburg/Lordstown story, I must disclose that while I have invested much in this product in the past, I have liquidated those assets and have disposed of all holdings. I can say that I'm left with some very fond memories. I think...

Now, back to the important stuff. I thought there was a thread or two out there regarding custom license plates that folks might be contemplating, but my search feature came up empty. I apologize if I missed it, but with the fun of St. Patty's Day upon us, I thought I'd see what people are thinking about in the way of plates.

As I have mentioned elsewhere in a thread about what we might name our new vehicles, in Oregon, we're limited to six characters. Seven characters would make "RIV2LIV" or "LIV2RIV" possible, just not here. I'm not sure I want to spend the money for fancy plates, but it's fun to tinker with the possibilities. I was able to get "FO NADER" for my Corvair when I lived in L.A. back in the mid-80's. After finding that "UNSAFE" was already taken, the clerk at DMV asked if I wanted something else. Being a self-respecting smarta$$, I said "How about 'F. O. Nader'?" Thankfully, when she asked what that meant, I had the presence of mind to blurt out, "Uh...Friends of Nader.... It's a small consumer group advocating for automobile safety". Her response was "That's cool!" I assumed the censors would block it, but they didn't. Those plates easily got more thumbs ups and laughs than the number of fender-benders they caused in that traffic.

Any fun thoughts about a fun customized plate for your Rivian, or anyone else's, for that matter. Remember, "SMARTA$$" is too long for use in Oregon. I wonder if "SKYOTE" is taken yet? Hmmm?... I'll have to check.

Suggestions, musings, and artistic renderings, please.
Isn't it obvious? You should get something like:

s00n
s00ner
FINALLY
DUCKY
DUKTRK

:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Isn't it obvious? You should get something like:

s00n
s00ner
FINALLY
DUCKY
DUKTRK

:)
pcrampton,

Good call! Those last two have been on on my list from the beginning, but both are likely taken by fans of my beloved Oregon Ducks. The second one on your list is a no-go for me. Being a Duck by education, having SOONER on my plate would never work around here and would likely confuse all but those in these Forums.

I'm guessing @skyote, @Longhorngirl, @TXKidd, @TXR1S, @TXRIV and @txtravwill also have it nowhere on their lists. ??

I certainly appreciate the s00ner reference from that greatest of "overused words in these Forums" list, but the UO/OU conundrum says "Not so fast!" more emphatically than Lee Corso on ESPN's College Game Day.....

Thanks for the laughs! ?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I was watching Jimmy Kimmel and he had a woman with an interesting custom plate on the show. I am getting an R1S but these are all available for the R1T crowd or for those who might be interested in a plate that could potentially swing both ways. You are welcome in advance.
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.25.07 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.25.30 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.22.00 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.20.01 AM

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I was watching Jimmy Kimmel and he had a woman with an interesting custom plate on the show. I am getting an R1S but these are all available for the R1T crowd or for those who might be interested in a plate that could potentially swing both ways. You are welcome in advance.
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.25.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.25.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.22.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.20.01 AM.png
Haha! While available, they would most likely be denied by DMV. The myplates site just checks to see if they are taken, they don't make the decision on whether they would actually be issued.
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? plates_denied

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
HE SPEAKS! Nice to familiar faces like @DuckTruck.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
An addendum. My plan for my White R1T involves plates that read: GANDALF— so that when I’m driving down the highway I have a reason to yell “You shall not Pass,” and launch it.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
pcrampton,

Good call! Those last two have been on on my list from the beginning, but both are likely taken by fans of my beloved Oregon Ducks. The second one on your list is a no-go for me. Being a Duck by education, having SOONER on my plate would never work around here and would likely confuse all but those in these Forums.

I'm guessing @skyote, @Longhorngirl, @TXKidd, @TXR1S, @TXRIV and @txtravwill also have it nowhere on their lists. ??

I certainly appreciate the s00ner reference from that greatest of "overused words in these Forums" list, but the UO/OU conundrum says "Not so fast!" more emphatically than Lee Corso on ESPN's College Game Day.....

Thanks for the laughs! ?
What about LGFE4ME? ?

hope your recovery from the plague is going well!

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
happened to see this at the parking lot while I was on my way to work.

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Screenshot 2022-03-04 090248

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

What about LGFE4ME? ?

hope your recovery from the plague is going well!
Unfortunately, Oregon limits our fun to only six spaces. Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot. Allowing seven, or even eight spaeces would surely entice people to buy more of the recurring-revenue vanity plates. That said, the State doesn't even trust us enough to let us pump our own gas.

The people in our neighboring States love to watch first-time gaspumpers from Oregon do the gasoline gymnastics. I've lived in Washington, Idaho, and California, and enjoyed the show myself.

"KEEP OREGON WEIRD!"

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I lost my eye when I was a child, so I was looking at

1IDMKE

But a friend suggest RVIAN (since it only has one eye)

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I lost my eye when I was a child, so I was looking at

1IDMKE

But a friend suggest RVIAN (since it only has one eye)
Probably a good thing if you don't want people confusing you for someone who was in the Big Red 1.
Sponsored