Sponsored

Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Is there a way to check with your state (Colorado for me) what iterations are available and taken?
Sponsored

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Anyone in CA want to make me an offer on these? I sold the truck out of state and still have the new R1T LE plates that arrived months later.

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 20230222_155355

Last edited:

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I don't actually have them yet but somehow I secured "R1T EV".

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
If I lived in Cali I'd try to get this:

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? Rockfish

Sponsored

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? IMG_0543

old. hope to replace, Play on old expression "I love my wife but O U CAR"

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
First of all, a Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! To that end, I submit a little humor. If a moderator should find this inappropriate, please advise and I'll be happy to remove it. In light of the recent Hindenburg/Lordstown story, I must disclose that while I have invested much in this product in the past, I have liquidated those assets and have disposed of all holdings. I can say that I'm left with some very fond memories. I think...

Now, back to the important stuff. I thought there was a thread or two out there regarding custom license plates that folks might be contemplating, but my search feature came up empty. I apologize if I missed it, but with the fun of St. Patty's Day upon us, I thought I'd see what people are thinking about in the way of plates.

As I have mentioned elsewhere in a thread about what we might name our new vehicles, in Oregon, we're limited to six characters. Seven characters would make "RIV2LIV" or "LIV2RIV" possible, just not here. I'm not sure I want to spend the money for fancy plates, but it's fun to tinker with the possibilities. I was able to get "FO NADER" for my Corvair when I lived in L.A. back in the mid-80's. After finding that "UNSAFE" was already taken, the clerk at DMV asked if I wanted something else. Being a self-respecting smarta$$, I said "How about 'F. O. Nader'?" Thankfully, when she asked what that meant, I had the presence of mind to blurt out, "Uh...Friends of Nader.... It's a small consumer group advocating for automobile safety". Her response was "That's cool!" I assumed the censors would block it, but they didn't. Those plates easily got more thumbs ups and laughs than the number of fender-benders they caused in that traffic.

Any fun thoughts about a fun customized plate for your Rivian, or anyone else's, for that matter. Remember, "SMARTA$$" is too long for use in Oregon. I wonder if "SKYOTE" is taken yet? Hmmm?... I'll have to check.

Suggestions, musings, and artistic renderings, please.
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 1678001681524

For my launch green truck...if you don't get the reference, download or ask your music service to play 'truckin' by the Grateful Dead...a different song reference comes to mind as well:
"Every time that wheel turn 'round,
Bound to cover just a little more ground."

Sponsored

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I just ordered ELECTRK on Friday. Was surprised it was still available TBH.

TR6 has I6 on a University of Michigan plate, TTS has TTS (kids tried to convince me to ask for LTL TTS). Triumph Tiger Explorer has TRI3. Reading this thread makes me appreciate how much more creative other people are!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian R1T R1S Personal / Vanity Plates, Anyone? 0A663AFB-8AD4-4CBD-9FCC-FB718D051373

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

"TRD E8R" or "TRD EATR" or some analog: because my friends all have tacoma and 4runner TRDs, which this machine eats for breakfast.

But also because it sounds like "turd eater", which is funny and self-deprecating and kind of a nod to the shit eating grin I get when driving it.

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I have “4MTREV” on order currently. The kids wanted HTMSTRD (I have CY), but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.