Sponsored

Poll - What kind of replacement tires are you most interested in?

For replacement Tire options, what best describes your interests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Ok thanks - Wasn’t sure saw something about 45f so was thinking it’s a softer compound more for winter, the 33” size looks really good at only 46#…I might look at Open Country R/T Trail too since it’s a few pounds lighter…
FWIW: Weight (albeit, unsprung weight has a different significance, for sure) is only one factor.

With an EV, the aerodynamics of your wheel and tire setup are going to make a relatively significant impact, as is rolling resistance. If those are mitigated, I'd bet my Engineering degree it'll actually be more efficient than a similar lighter tire that isn't engineered for rolling resistance.

That said, if you can find something that does all 3 things really well, then that's where the money's at!
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Replacement Tires are a tricky thing with the R1's, lots of opinions and different options depending on your level of comfort if you step away from the OEMs.

Here's a poll to see where the average forum member stands:
I have the 22” tire/wheels. At 19k I replaced the Pirelli’s with Continental Terrain Contact H/T’s. I now have 7k miles on them and they have been exceptional. Ride nice, quiet, same or no difference in efficiency, 70k mile warranty. At 7k they have worn 1/32, so potentially will last 50k+ for 1/2 the price of the OEM Pirelli’s.

Duh_Dunt_Duh_Dunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Adventure
I have the 22” tire/wheels. At 19k I replaced the Pirelli’s with Continental Terrain Contact H/T’s. I now have 7k miles on them and they have been exceptional. Ride nice, quiet, same or no difference in efficiency, 70k mile warranty. At 7k they have worn 1/32, so potentially will last 50k+ for 1/2 the price of the OEM Pirelli’s.
These are on my list for when my 22s need replaced. I also saw that there are some Michelin 22s that I might consider. I put around 17k+ miles on my vehicle each year so I’m glad you are having a good experience with the Contis

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
These are on my list for when my 22s need replaced. I also saw that there are some Michelin 22s that I might consider. I put around 17k+ miles on my vehicle each year so I’m glad you are having a good experience with the Contis
I waited as long as I could for the new Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 but it wasn’t available. That should be a great tire.

Utah Rivian

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Appraiser
Clubs

Atturo Trail Blade ATS and the Continental Terran Contact A/T

if I had 20s I like the Michelin. Ran into a Rivian Owner from Washington on his way to Texas in Green River Utah and he loved them and they look awesome.

Sponsored

Adamn

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 1991 Barefoot Sanger (boat)
I don't do a whole lot of off roading and swap for a snow tire in the winter so I could get by with non-AT tires. If there's a decent 20" tire that improves range, I'll go with that. Otherwise, just stick with the Pirellis.

Mtnrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audii Q7
What’s the load rating. I saw at discount tire it is 115H. Last time I was there they would not put anything on that was less than 116.
who put your continentals on?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
What’s the load rating. I saw at discount tire it is 115H. Last time I was there they would not put anything on that was less than 116.
who put your continentals on?
Yes, it’s a 115 H is correct. Got them at discount tire they had no issue. I never mentioned it. They never mentioned it.

Mtnrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audii Q7
Yes, it’s a 115 H is correct. Got them at discount tire they had no issue. I never mentioned it. They never mentioned it.
I will give it a try. Need new summer tires. I have Michelin ice x 115s on now but had to have mobile independent tire installer do it. Discount Tire refused to do it. So strange…

Mtnrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audii Q7
I will give it a try. Need new summer tires. I have Michelin ice x 115s on now but had to have mobile independent tire installer do it. Discount Tire refused to do it. So strange…
Update…just got the Continental Contacts 115’s put on at Discount Tire, no questions asked. Thanks for the recommendation.
Sponsored