Sponsored

Power mirror folding not working

PoweRWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

My passenger-side mirror no longer power folders (either using button inside the truck, or using the auto-function with the key fob).

Should soft reset? Hard reset? Service center? Wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what they did to correct the issue.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Should soft reset? Hard reset?
Soft first, then hard if it doesn't work, then sleep reset if that doesn't work.

But first I would go into your settings and just toggle the option that automatically folds the mirrors. Then toggle it back. That will force your setting to be re-saved, which might just fix it.

And if nothing works after a few days, then yes, service would be the best option.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I had the same problem except it was during the winter. I’m sure it was due to the cold and freezing snow. While on the phone with service they had me lightly tap the mirror while closing it via settings, now via a popup you can display by swiping from the left side of the screen.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
My passenger-side mirror no longer power folders (either using button inside the truck, or using the auto-function with the key fob).

Should soft reset? Hard reset? Service center? Wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what they did to correct the issue.
Soft reset is completely unrelated and a waste of time. Try a hard reset but it’s likely a mechanical failure that needs a service appointment

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I had the same problem except it was during the winter. I’m sure it was due to the cold and freezing snow. While on the phone with service they had me lightly tap the mirror while closing it via settings, now via a popup you can display by swiping from the left side of the screen.
Good point. My mirrors have frozen in position a few times (think frozen rain). I’ve decided to just turn off the “auto fold” in settings until it warms up (mid April). Generally a gentle push by hand would get them unstuck and extended for safe driving…

Sponsored

OP
OP

PoweRWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sounds like it might be a hardware issue. I’m in Texas so freezing isn’t much of a concern. Tires getting rotated soon so I’ll have it addressed then. Thanks folks!

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
Can you hear it attempting to close?

ormondgs

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
I had the same issue with my 2024 R1S - required a service visit and they replaced the entire mirror assembly (passenger side). Works fine now.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I had a similar thing where my driver side mirror didn't unfold. It's happened twice over the last three months.

Just yesterday the rear door handle didn't extend while the rest did.

A hard reset seemed to fix it, but it's so sporadic that it's impossible to tell for sure.

ChuckL

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Folded my mirrors manually the other day, was the first time I’ve done that in months.
when the mirrors were folded I had 2/4 door handles not present when unlocked. Unfolded the mirrors and no problems. Heard it’s a software bug? Might also explain recent issues with the side mirrors?

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Sounds like it might be a hardware issue. I’m in Texas so freezing isn’t much of a concern. Tires getting rotated soon so I’ll have it addressed then. Thanks folks!
I had the same issue. Got in my car at work and saw the passenger mirror was folded in. I went into the settings and folded both mirrors and then opened them again. It's been ok so far after that.
Sponsored