First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Just an update, the software developer on Reddit said this is fixed in the next update. No ETA but that's what he said.

I'll test again when I get the update.
Sponsored

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Just an update, the software developer on Reddit said this is fixed in the next update. No ETA but that's what he said.

I'll test again when I get the update.
Yup, I reached out to him earlier regarding your thread.

And he responded pretty quickly today.

The team is aware of the issue and believe it's fixed in the upcoming OTA.

Here's to hoping that the ota rolls out soon.. If the releases are based on 4 will cycles I'd imagine that's have a 2022.31.x release coming out within 2 weeks or so.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hopefully, the OTA update will also fix the alarm video recording (or lack there of) issue.

I’ve received numerous alarm push notifications on my phone but have never once had an alarm video recorded in gear guard.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Hopefully, the OTA update will also fix the alarm video recording (or lack there of) issue.

I’ve received numerous alarm push notifications on my phone but have never once had an alarm video recorded in gear guard.
Yeah my gear guard experience in general is pretty poor when it comes to recording useful events..

Someone hit my truck with a shopping cart the other day.. And my truck basically recorded every other event of people walking, cars driving etc.. but then magically in another video the cart is just sitting next to my truck and the cars that used to be parked near me are gone.. no recordings of them leaving or anything to do with the cart arriving 🤣

So hopefully gear guard is on the road map for many enhancements..

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Even if he wasn’t trying to break in, it’s kind of a jackass move.
Oh yeah he’s a total jerk and if I see him in the parking lot again I’ll call him out about it just so he knows it’s not cool. You should never touch someone’s car or try to open it.
I just think he wanted to see inside or he just was confused or interested in the door handle and instinctively tried to see how it opened.

But I was shocked that no alarm went off and there was nothing alerting me to look at the video other than me looking through them out of random curiosity.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Yeah my gear guard experience in general is pretty poor when it comes to recording useful events..

Someone hit my truck with a shopping cart the other day.. And my truck basically recorded every other event of people walking, cars driving etc.. but then magically in another video the cart is just sitting next to my truck and the cars that used to be parked near me are gone.. no recordings of them leaving or anything to do with the cart arriving 🤣

So hopefully gear guard is on the road map for many enhancements..
I’ve wondered if the gear guard uses object/people detection to determine what to record and what to ignore because it definitely isn’t just “movement”.

The parking spaces at work are VERY narrow and it never records any vehicle movement in either space next to mine. It will record, however, someone walking past it, even if they aren’t as close as the cars have to get to park next to me.

There’s a lot that goes on that doesn’t get recorded and I can’t remember ever getting a recording of a vehicle going into or out of the parking space next to me

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Just heard the ota should be out early next week, 2022.31.x build as expected.

With a tease of new exciting features super excited!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I got a push alarm notification today (first time), but nothing recorded and don’t have any idea what triggered it or if anything actually happened.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just heard the ota should be out early next week, 2022.31.x build as expected.

With a tease of new exciting features super excited!
As long as they fix the obvious alarm concerns....

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’ve wondered if the gear guard uses object/people detection to determine what to record and what to ignore because it definitely isn’t just “movement”.

The parking spaces at work are VERY narrow and it never records any vehicle movement in either space next to mine. It will record, however, someone walking past it, even if they aren’t as close as the cars have to get to park next to me.

There’s a lot that goes on that doesn’t get recorded and I can’t remember ever getting a recording of a vehicle going into or out of the parking space next to me
This mirrors my experience. It bothers me. When the video does record it’s often only half of the interesting bit. I hope they improve the logic so it records a bit before too. And it should be more sensitive to motion the closer something is to the vehicle.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Gary needs to go back to community college and take some more video production classes. At least that will keep him out of my icon tray for a while.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Gary needs to go back to community college and take some more video production classes. At least that will keep him out of my icon tray for a while.
And he better pay his own way through school....!!!!