Sponsored

R1S amplifier replaced by Rivian TSB. Anyone else have that done?

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
I had my R1S in for service for a set of trim/nuisance issues and Rivian added a "amplifier replacement" item to the work order. Service rep could not tell me what it was but said that my VIN had this TSB associated with it. Prior to the service, I had no audio issues and I would listen to Spotify at a volume level of 4-6. Post service, I find myself having to increase the volume to somewhere around 10-12 to listen. Everything sounds fine - its just the volume seems to need to be cranked up. Now I am wondering if they messed something up (dont touch it if it ain't broke) or if my old amplifier was simply too loud at the lower volume ranges and the new gives me more volume control at lower ranges. Anyone else have this TSB done on their vehicles and any observations to share?
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
4-6 seems really low, compared to my vehicle. I'm typically in the 10+ range on volume, and if I'm really jammin', I'll get over 20. Seems like your new levels are comparable to mine.

Runamok

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Quad - Blue - 21s
Clubs

OP can you provide your VIN range, so we can get an idea? 11XXX, 17XXX, 23XXX ?

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I had this done on my R1S a couple months ago.

Matthuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
I used to listen to music (Spotify) with the kids at 3 also in the R1S. Since receiving the October update (yesterday), we now had to turn the volume up also to 6-7. With the new update, they mentioned that they were making adjustments to the 'Elevation Sound System.'

Sponsored

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

i did notice same. on some songs i hear little rattling noise from back when i put my volume to 17. earlier 13 was loud enough now i have to go all the way 18+ . i had my service done oct first week at Gaithersburg MD.

freejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Rivian R1S
I had this done and was told it was because the original amp was not delivering enough power to the rear speakers. Noticed a significant boost to the low end frequencies which subsequently caused new rattles to exhibit.

OP
OP

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
OP can you provide your VIN range, so we can get an idea? 11XXX, 17XXX, 23XXX ?
6xxx

Thanks all. I will chalk this up to "By design" and not a bug :)

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
same here. They replaced the "internal audio amplifier" a few months ago without telling me. Im 59xx vin. Tech said something about not enough power to the speakers.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I had this done and was told it was because the original amp was not delivering enough power to the rear speakers. Noticed a significant boost to the low end frequencies which subsequently caused new rattles to exhibit.
Yeap. it rattles my front door speakers now with volumn above 20.

UMKEMP

First Name
U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I had my R1S in for service for a set of trim/nuisance issues and Rivian added a "amplifier replacement" item to the work order. Service rep could not tell me what it was but said that my VIN had this TSB associated with it. Prior to the service, I had no audio issues and I would listen to Spotify at a volume level of 4-6. Post service, I find myself having to increase the volume to somewhere around 10-12 to listen. Everything sounds fine - its just the volume seems to need to be cranked up. Now I am wondering if they messed something up (dont touch it if it ain't broke) or if my old amplifier was simply too loud at the lower volume ranges and the new gives me more volume control at lower ranges. Anyone else have this TSB done on their vehicles and any observations to share?
[/QUOTE
]I made an earlier comment about that amp replacement after the third return to service they finally realized that they had the wrong replacement amp.
Rivian kept sending miami service center the Replacement amp for The R1T
After the third amp Replacement that is when I got the original sound back. Rivian was sending them the replacement for the R1T instead of the R1S. The rear sound is too low because of the R1T only having two rows to satisfy Not three. Also the surround sound was not effective anymore.
it took 3 amp replacement's,
But they finally got the sound back to original sound.
Thank You
Miami service center ✨
Sponsored