R1T Tires Worn at 6.5K mi

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
If the tire has been holding air, then you have a massive alignment issue. I’m surprised it was drivable. This has been either 1) going on for a while, or 2) so badly out of alignment as to be dangerous at this age/mileage.

Get it in to look at the alignment - they’ll do it under warranty. Ask them to cover the cost of the tires as well, though I suspect they’ll say no.
Sponsored

Buckets0fun

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
OF
Rotate tires every 5k miles! Easy DIY. Think of this task as a good excuse/reason to buy nice tools, if you don't have what you need for a safe and easy job!
Rotating the tires does nothing to address the problem. It only introduces wear from another corner to coverup the issues with the vehicle in question. It is not a solution, only a way for someone to get more miles out of rubber while ignoring the uneven wear.

In this situation: Positive camber and likely some toe out.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Rotating the tires does nothing to address the problem. It only introduces wear from another corner to coverup the issues with the vehicle in question. It is not a solution, only a way for someone to get more miles out of rubber while ignoring the uneven wear.

In this situation: Positive camber and likely some toe out.

^^^. This right here. Rotating will not fix this problem. Need to get a good 3rd party alignment. Not rivian. They suck donkey balls in that department

Buckets0fun

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
OF
^^^. This right here. Rotating will not fix this problem. Need to get a good 3rd party alignment. Not rivian. They suck donkey balls in that department
Exactly.
Speak with your(the royal you) local Firestone auto care store. Pay the 200$ for their ‘lifetime’ option. Align at the height you drive the most at. You should be able to get to -1* camber all around, and the toe settings of your choosing.

Be ready to enjoy a more livable car and much longer tire life. Regardless of 20,21,22 and unless you’re like us and enjoy four wheel sliding the car on pavement, you’ll have very little noticeable wear from stomping the juicey pedal from every light. (Which is how OPs wear likely happened as the front rises and adds pos camber and toe out. OP do you enjoy your vehicle’s acceleration often?)

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
+1 on alignment. I got 5,000 out of my first set due to massively bad alignment, and Rivian spotted me a set of 4 new tires. The granulation on your tire blocks was the same as mine, like they're being scraped sideways while you're going forwards.

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Highly suggest *not* placing height on auto. This has been shown to create a lot more tire wear too. Changes the tires’ camber too much and creates uneven tire wear.

Standard height is best for even wear

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Rivian SC supposedly fixed my alignment but now I have a vibration issue. They checked balance and said was fine. I think they did the alignment in kneel mode as it was active vs standard ride height. I changed my mode to sport low and lowest and the vibrations virtually disappeared between the speed range I was experiencing the issue. I have about 10,700 miles on the tires and all are wearing unevenly according to discount tire service rep.

DF - 7/ 32
PF - 5/ 32
DR- 6/ 32
PR - 7/32

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

R1S with 3500 miles of spirited driving on 20" Pirelli all terrain. Tires are like new and wearing nicely as seen below. I use all sorts of ride heights and never once used conserve.

My tire pressure dropped to 42 lbs today. I had discount tire check tread depth and add 6 lbs to each tire while I was out running errands.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Tires Worn at 6.5K mi 1697334195752

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

My 22s have 9k miles on them and are fine. I did rotate at 5k though.

glgoody

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Looks like alignment because the inside of the tire isn't worn but the outside is.
Agree, and possibly not proper air pressure. I drive in conserve about 90% of the time and with 13k miles my tires are in excellent condition. I have also rotated twice and had 4 wheel alignment at 10k. Driving in conserve does not wear out tires unless you burn out at every green light or lack of rotation or proper air pressure. That’s all folks!

Sponsored

Falco

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Managing Partner at Professional Integrations
Mine were pretty bad at 9k. Change them for Good Years. Couldn’t be happier and get 50k miles warranty.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Tires Worn at 6.5K mi IMG_9409

alpharr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Hedge fund
I would either go to sc and see what I say maybe they help if it's an alignment issue, but instead of paying for new tires I would go to discount tire and get the Michelin defenders with a 70k warrantee

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Rivian SC supposedly fixed my alignment but now I have a vibration issue. They checked balance and said was fine. I think they did the alignment in kneel mode as it was active vs standard ride height. I changed my mode to sport low and lowest and the vibrations virtually disappeared between the speed range I was experiencing the issue. I have about 10,700 miles on the tires and all are wearing unevenly according to discount tire service rep.

DF - 7/ 32
PF - 5/ 32
DR- 6/ 32
PR - 7/32
Dallas sc right? They are so bad at alignment. I would not trust them with any tires issue. Took my car in for slight pull to the right and they made it worse. 2nd time, didn't fix see any change at all. Go figure

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Dallas sc right? They are so bad at alignment. I would not trust them with any tires issue. Took my car in for slight pull to the right and they made it worse. 2nd time, didn't fix see any change at all. Go figure
Actually Houston SC. They did a good job for the most part addressing my delivery day items but they aren’t taking my suspension issues and alignment issues seriously.
Sponsored