Buckets0fun

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
OF
The trailswing is another popular offering for this and available for the R1T/S from what theyā€™ve told us.

OP
OP
Si.LE.R1S

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S Launch Edition, ā€˜20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

Calisoulla

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Clubs

Nice! I have a rigā€™d ultra swing Iā€™m throwing on next week, any down sides of adding a swingarm and spare? Sensors backup camera ext. ?

OP
OP
Si.LE.R1S

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice! I have a rigā€™d ultra swing Iā€™m throwing on next week, any down sides of adding a swingarm and spare? Sensors backup camera ext. ?
Definitely lose the rear camera and sensors. When backing up I rely on the overhead for backing into spots for centering. Just have to get used to the depth. I actually considered adding after market backup cam but havenā€™t pulled the trigger on that yet.

Watch your departure angle and obstacle height to make sure the hitch clears. There has been no noticeable affect in range lugging around the spare for the past 5K miles. My efficiency is 2.25 on stock 20ā€ AT, so even a little better as my S is still calibrated for 22s.

All in all I have really found the swing out hitch mount helpful particularly for preserving cargo area when camping.

As for the license plate light, I think Thule now has a lighted holder on Amazon (-link-). No need to DIY it.

Sponsored

Calisoulla

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Clubs

Thank you very much for the feedback
I was wondering if there was a way to relocate the rear camera. Who sells the aftermarket back up cam?

Cueball121

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, 2016 Hyunda
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was just corresponding with them the other day. They said they are in process of developing one for the R1S, but at least 8 weeks out and $$ more. Does one of their current offerings fit well? Any issues?

theadonnan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŽ
Thanks for sharing. So it looks like you can't add a bike rack to the secondary hitch receiver? I bet the Rivian specific one will solve that challenge.

OP
OP
Si.LE.R1S

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. So it looks like you can't add a bike rack to the secondary hitch receiver? I bet the Rivian specific one will solve that challenge.
Rivian R1T R1S Rigid Armor hitch spare tire carrier for R1S -- installed photos & review 1708024766548

this is a picture with the arm swung out. The accessory hitch is lower then the mounted AT wheel, so there would probably be enough clearance if there was a really long shaft to the bike rack - maybe a 2-3 bike rack where you just wouldnā€™t be able to uses the closer slots. I know the secondary is plenty sturdy as I had to use it as a recovery point a couple weekends ago. Doh!

Rivian R1T R1S Rigid Armor hitch spare tire carrier for R1S -- installed photos & review 1708025039315

I will have it mounted up again for a snow run this weekend and can send some more pictures for the wheel clearance. Do you have a specific model bike carrier in mind?
Sponsored