Sponsored

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

I'm not surprised. Part of the rationale for offering lease deals to the remaining preorder holders is to get them to split the savings, i.e. the customer saves money short term on the lease, Rivian saves $ long term by not selling as many R1s 15–20k under MSRP. The tax credit also plays into it. Since everyone gets it if they lease, Rivian doesn't need to provide as much of a discount to get to breakeven with an outright purchase (provided the purchaser doesn't qualify/doesn't have a 2022 binding agreement).
The crappy thing is about the lease deal for voucher holders who signed the binding agreement. All of these details were hidden by Rivian before clicking that confirm configuration button from the shop.

$6,250 is the lease promotion (approximately 6%)
$7,500 tax credit
$13,750 total

This is not close to the 20-21% savings plus $7500 tax credit for financing.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The crappy thing is about the lease deal for voucher holders who signed the binding agreement. All of these details were hidden by Rivian before clicking that confirm configuration button from the shop.

$7,500 tax credit
$13,750 total

Show us your paperwork! I wanna see residuals for voucher users.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering preorder price difference vouchers for remaining price protected pre-order holders 1000009430

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

$7,500 tax credit
$13,750 total

Timeout, so there isn't a 20% cap reduction or is it 6% off over the lease term and the other roughly 14% off the residual?

The reason I ask is because I plan on buying out month 2 and I want to make sure I get the 7500 tax credit reduction and the roughly total 20% somewhere in the details.

DH0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Stuff

$7,500 tax credit
$13,750 total

Car sales 101. Get the buyer to agree based on the monthly payment without actually knowing the details of what it's going toward.

Sponsored

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Thought I'd give a brief summary of my experience trying to use my voucher to buy a truck

-Wednesday last week I received an email from a guide regarding my desire to purchase. Made a email inquiry back regarding my ZIP code still being locked out of shop but received no response

-Friday received the voucher email. Emailed my guide again. Also waited an hour on chat support. And even called Rivian. None of these got me a call back or response.

-Sunday I realized I had to schedule a time with my Guide, which I did for Monday. A half hour before my slot, he pushed it to Tuesday.

-Tuesday my guide calls me 15 min late. By now, every truck we were considering is wiped from inventory, which I mention. I tell him I'm looking for a STD+ R1T, FG on OC, with 21s and PT. He says he found me the perfect vehicle. A red, max pack R1T with BM interior. I decline and he offers me a bunch of other vehicles that are WAY above my price range and won't tell me if any of them will be discounted for EOQ. I inquire directly about lease residuals for voucher holders and he says he'll get me an answer.

-Wednesday he sends me a completely unintelligible "response" to my lease residual question. Doesn't answer the question at all. At this point, I fail to see how this is any better than dealing with your run of the mill car salesman who knows nothing about anything. I tell him if he can get me the truck matching my specs showing in the shop near Normal with a reasonable discount for my traveling 12 hours to get it, we'd consider taking delivery this weekend but otherwise push until Q2. He says, he found the exact truck I was talking about and they'll even ship it for me. I Just need to choose a different interior and more expensive wheels, again not telling me if my choosing things I don't want will be discounted. I decline.

So that brings me to today. Nearly a week out on the voucher and Rivian still hasn't provided clarity on the lease terms. I still can't "order" a truck from the shop because of my zip code, though it doesn't matter much anyway because apparently those viewable in the shop aren't necessarily actual existing trucks that have already been built. We have no idea what the shutdown means for shop inventory. We don't know if the trucks produced after the shutdown will be meaningfully worse / further de-contented. Rivian also can't tell me when (if) the Rochester service center they've been trying to open for over a year is expected to open. Not an awesome experience. Pretty good chance I will end up in a Highland Performance instead.

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Timeout, so there isn't a 20% cap reduction or is it 6% off over the lease term and the other roughly 14% off the residual?

The reason I ask is because I plan on buying out month 2 and I want to make sure I get the 7500 tax credit reduction and the roughly total 20% somewhere in the details.
My plan was to lease then buy too - Rivian really needs to be more upfront if the full pre-order discount actually applies to leases or just purchases.

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

My plan was to lease then buy too - Rivian really needs to be more upfront if the full pre-order discount actually applies to leases or just purchases.
Just purchases, I have a pre-price hike order from 2021 and the 20% voucher on purchase became a 6% lease promotion.

RivianuserR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, Volkswagen E-Golf
There’s lots of new inventory in the shop in the Bay Area now.

Sponsored

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
though it doesn't matter much anyway because apparently those viewable in the shop aren't necessarily actual existing trucks that have already been built. We have no idea what the shutdown means for shop inventory.
This is true. I’ve been dragging my feet as with my pre-hike order for about a year, reading a bunch of horror stories on this forum. They’ve been pestering me with calls and emails nonstop for 12 months. I finally confirm a shop truck last week, they tell me I’m not assigned to a vin earlier this week, and crickets ever since.

Part of me thinks the email last week was a grift. Shut out the pre-hike reservation holders without actually saying that’s what you’re doing (like they did in March 2022. That’s probably what I would do.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This is true. I’ve been dragging my feet as with my pre-hike order for about a year, reading a bunch of horror stories on this forum. They’ve been pestering me with calls and emails nonstop for 12 months. I finally confirm a shop truck last week, they tell me I’m not assigned to a vin earlier this week, and crickets ever since.

Part of me thinks the email last week was a grift. Shut out the pre-hike reservation holders without actually saying that’s what you’re doing (like they did in March 2022. That’s probably what I would do.
Well you did have your chance.
Sponsored