Sponsored

Rivian wave when you’re not in your Rivian?

xnuywkr

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Executive Coach
There are 2 situations where I’m either on my bike or in a rental when I pass a Rivian and I have the desire to wave to say hello. And I’d love it to be a “knowing wave” where the Rivian driver knows I’m part of the community. Any suggestions? Or are we past the Rivian wave?
Sponsored

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
Where I grew up, everyone waved to everyone. So my perspective is different from some.

I wouldn't know how to tell someone was waving because they HAVE a Rivian.

If it didn't look too weird in context, I might be glad to get a wave that implied the other person LIKED our Rivian. We like it too!

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

This again?

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I once got very excited to see another Rivian in Canada when they weren't delivered there yet. I attempted a wave from my wagon with a key card.

But otherwise I don't think we need a secret gang symbol to flash. Just smile!

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
please tell me this is just a troll post....

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I find myself occasionally trying to wave to other motorcyclists when I am in a car. It doesn't work.

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Where I grew up, everyone waved to everyone. So my perspective is different from some.

I wouldn't know how to tell someone was waving because they HAVE a Rivian.

If it didn't look too weird in context, I might be glad to get a wave that implied the other person LIKED our Rivian. We like it too!
I wave or give peace signs for all the cars I like. I am reserving peace sign ✌and broad smile for all Rivians and wave for all yellow color cars that are not cabs. My daughter thinks I am so weird. I tell her that I live for myself not for others. So I do I and you do you.

Aren’t we all hunter gatherers still due to evolution; at least I am. So I enjoy when people wave back to me. If not, at least they had fun with a weirdo with a Rivian.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I think we're past the Rivian wave. I only get a return wave maybe 1 in 4 now, and rarely from an R1S. Showing appreciation for a vehicle you like is always o.k., I tend to give people the thumbs up.

The R3X is going to have a cult following... we may have to rethink this in a year or three.

Sponsored

Trinculo73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mini Cooper Conv., Victory Magnum X1
Clubs

I think we're past the Rivian wave. I only get a return wave maybe 1 in 4 now, and rarely from an R1S. Showing appreciation for a vehicle you like is always o.k., I tend to give people the thumbs up.

The R3X is going to have a cult following... we may have to rethink this in a year or three.
Yeah, R1T drivers are far more likely to acknowledge the existence of another Rivian, I've noticed. To the extent I've almost wondered if R1S drivers actually care what they drive. Not just driving down the street, but at RAN chargers as well - R1T drivers are often chatty while R1S drivers do the whole "if I don't make eye contact they won't speak to me" thing 🤣

ancient

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad Temporarily Rolling 21" Stocks
Occupation
Doing the damn thing
Many years ago I owned a WRX STi. The wave between STi owners was a thing back then and I always enjoyed the brief connection with an absolute stranger over our shared appreciation for a car.

I just joined the Rivian tribe a few weeks ago and was delighted when I got my first wave from a fellow R1T owner.

To OP, haters gonna hate, do what makes you happy.

👋

WhisperPickle

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
There are 2 situations where I’m either on my bike or in a rental when I pass a Rivian and I have the desire to wave to say hello. And I’d love it to be a “knowing wave” where the Rivian driver knows I’m part of the community. Any suggestions? Or are we past the Rivian wave?
Seriously? This must be a joke…..
Sponsored