Sponsored

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I didn’t consider the Canadian orders. Do we know when those will be delivered? I expected they will almost double from last quarter, ~15k, but that’s the optimist in me.
Looks like the Canadian guys are being strung along with missed delivery estimates like a lot of people in the US are. I don't think there is even a service center open there either.
Sponsored

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

I’m also Jan 2022 order for truck and suv. I’m told 2H 2023 or 1H 2024. However, quick back of envelope calc says we may get sooner. We reserved when preorders hit ~70k. Since half of all orders are trucks then our truck should be in the mid 30k range. Rivian is expected to pump out 25k this year. Then by this logic there is a chance we could see 35k by Feb/Mar 2023.
I'm also a January 2022 reservation holder. I'm somewhat flexible on my color interior. I was also figuring a mid 2023 delivery date. Have either you or sk00pie received communication from Rivian stating this? I've never received anything giving me a delivery window.

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
I'm also a January 2022 reservation holder. I'm somewhat flexible on my color interior. I was also figuring a mid 2023 delivery date. Have either you or sk00pie received communication from Rivian stating this? I've never received anything giving me a delivery window.
When you chat with CS, they tell you that anyone with a 2022 order will be the aforementioned window. However, they also say that updated delivery windows will be out at end of summer for us. I expect our window will be sooner if the R1S continues to be delayed.

JaMa

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 LR Defender 110, 2021 Tesla Model YP
Occupation
Entrepreneur
When you chat with CS, they tell you that anyone with a 2022 order will be the aforementioned window. However, they also say that updated delivery windows will be out at end of summer for us. I expect our window will be sooner if the R1S continues to be delayed.
Ive talked to CS quite a few times (earlier this week actually) and the only thing they ever say is "After 2022" meaning really nothing to me. They also told me this week that in late August we should all have a delivery estimate if we locked in at the OLD PRICING - which is apparently key. FWIW, it looks like they are trying to deliver a chunk of the newer, full price orders to some extent - delivering $90k+ R1T product in series with our older, cheaper orders. I cant say I blame them for doing this, and if it helps keep them in business while they struggle through this post-pandemic hell then so be it.

My 2c,
J

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Yeah I have a R1S deposit Oct. 2021. My last delivery estimate was for “late 2023” So I’m in no rush. But I really have no problem waiting a little longer if Rivian is pushing out full price new orders to shore up the profit margins. Better for the company to stay in business rather than going out of business supplying cheaper pre-price raise orders. If the product mix is 50%old/50%new I’m fine with that. what is an added bonus is that it gives more time for improvements and recalls to be included in production lines the later my order waits. Better to not have any issues rather than suffer through an inoperable vehicle waiting for repair.

Sponsored

ThatRivianGuy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1T (Pre-Order)
A customer service follow up today (08/2/2022) to my first mile mobile drive re-affirmed an update on my delivery window (2H2023) by the end of this summer. They didn't say that it would change at all, just that I would have an update.

They didn't say what "end of summer" meant either. My best guess is either end of August or end of September. October is not summer so has to be before then, right?

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I just got a First Mile invite today.. progress maybe?

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looks like the Canadian guys are being strung along with missed delivery estimates like a lot of people in the US are. I don't think there is even a service center open there either.
You're right. No service centers up here as of yet, and no signs of real life. Deliveries are currently estimated to start in December. Will believe it when I see it and I think we're all expecting it to push to '23.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

You're right. No service centers up here as of yet, and no signs of real life. Deliveries are currently estimated to start in December. Will believe it when I see it and I think we're all expecting it to push to '23.
Believe it or not, I don't care for them to start actual deliveries in December because it will only be a handful of cars in BC. What I want to see is them starting to make announcements on Service Centres (and of course Transport Canada Approval). SCs (or the lack thereof) will be the single biggest obstacle to people across the country getting their cars. Once they open more SCs here, the deliveries here will start being more frequent.

Sponsored

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco BL 22 Ram Rebel, 15 Acura MDX 68 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Ok so very new to the group and planning to reserve today. Can anyone give me the best and worst case delivery times for r1s and suggestions on what to avoid option wise to speed things up.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Ok so very new to the group and planning to reserve today. Can anyone give me the best and worst case delivery times for r1s and suggestions on what to avoid option wise to speed things up.
Not sure any options will slow down an R1S since it is really only paint color, interior color and wheels. The reinforced underfloor should t delays things too much either.
As for delivery I would expect 2024 for you since R1S only recently started manufacture and there are 90+k reservations ahead of you, of which about half will be R1S. Unknown production plans for next year but I expect 50+k so some current reservation holders are likely to be pushed into 2024. Still better than the four year wait some have had.

Mothetgoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e
Anyone have any estimates for when they’ll start delivering Max pack R1S for pre-March reservation holders? I am a Feb ‘22 and I just switched to the max once it became available (always my intent). Wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I am have insights on a delivery estimate.
Sponsored