Sponsored

Should I return to R1T......... and Trade in 2023 Tesla Model S to lease a new R1T

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
retired
Last May lost my 2023 R1T........was totaled when I was forced off the California I-5 at 70mph +.

Replaced my R1T in October 2023 with an Ultra Red Tesla Model S Long Range $74, 500+.

The Model S is reliable, efficient (3.0+ miles/kwh), fast and hot looking but the Model S is a contradiction in design/safety and does not warm my
heart and soul like the R1T.

Am retired software guy.......70 y/o...........

To Trade in Model S and lease a new R1T.............NOW is the question?
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The Model S is a very nice looking car. Are you planning for a quad or dual motor replacement?

Brian

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Always go with your heart. You only live once.

Webleyaz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1T
Occupation
Window tinter
If you have the means, I highly recommend driving whatever you want!

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
You will take a bath on that Model S if you trade it in. But ultimately, do what makes you happy as long as you have the finances. YOLO!

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Wait—so his first R1T was totaled May 23, bought a replacement R1T, but then traded it for a Model S in October 23, and now thinking about trading the Model S for another R1T in Mar 24? Or was there just a gap between the first R1T and the Model S?

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Last May lost my 2023 R1T........was totaled when I was forced off the California I-5 at 70mph +.

Replaced my R1T in October 2023 with an Ultra Red Tesla Model S Long Range $74, 500+.

The Model S is reliable, efficient (3.0+ miles/kwh), fast and hot looking but the Model S is a contradiction in design/safety and does not warm my

💯 is my answer. Model S is so boring. It is like Camry of EVs. It maybe one sided though, as I detest Elon.
When it comes to something you would like to enjoy limbic system is better than your prefrontal cortex. So do what your gut says! You wouldn’t regret.

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

You're about my age, so this might resonate. About ten years ago, I was visiting my father in the nursing home. He said "Listen, I have plenty of money but nothing is fun anymore. Be sure to enjoy yourself while you still can." ... I say go with your heart on this one.

Stainer85

First Name
Shain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Finance

As several have already stated, if you have the means, go for it. I wouldn’t take a big bath on the trade-in though, and probably wouldn’t trade it in at all. Rather, sell it private sale, so you get the most out of it. Between the vehicles, though, in my opinion, there is no better all around vehicle than an R1 Rivian.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Depends, are you gonna smash this one up too? My answer depends on if I'm more enthusiast or shareholder at the time.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Wait—so his first R1T was totaled May 23, bought a replacement R1T, but then traded it for a Model S in October 23, and now thinking about trading the Model S for another R1T in Mar 24? Or was there just a gap between the first R1T and the Model S?
🤷

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

💯 is my answer. Model S is so boring. It is like Camry of EVs. It maybe one sided though, as I detest Elon.
The current Model S is so far from boring imo. It’s extremely fun to drive. More fun than any Rivian.

The Rivians are just cooler.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

If you're debating, then pull the trigger. It's obvious that the S isn't fun enough for you, but the R1 has your heart.
Sponsored