Sponsored

So what is up with this company?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Doesn't S outsell T about 8/1? Seems smart to prioritize. I honestly think T would sell better if they had done the 180kwh pack. Then people could have gotten a legit 225-250 towing and not something in the mid 100's.
Yeah, I think that's correct about the R1S. We are an SUV country. I'm just more curious about the R1Ts future. I love this truck so much, I hope they don't get cold feet from with poor truck sales and discontinue it.

I have an R1T and I tow a 2 horse trailer with it. I get about 150 miles which is all I need for our tow to the animal hospital or trails near us. But if I needed to go anywhere else with them, I'd be back using an ICE Dodge Ram. In fact, the upcoming EV RAM with range extender is a very appealing package for those who occasionally tow. If you tow every day, ICE is still the most practical.
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I understand your frustration, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The vehicle is amazing and Rivian (in the whole) is still a great company with a great mission.

I tolerate Rivian's flaws as a company only because of how great the vehicle is. If you don't want (or need) an amazing vehicle, move on to another auto maker.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Doesn't S outsell T about 8/1? Seems smart to prioritize. I honestly think T would sell better if they had done the 180kwh pack. Then people could have gotten a legit 225-250 towing and not something in the mid 100's.
Would’ve been nice but still not enough to get near 250 miles with a decent trailer. With a 7000lb travel trailer I got a fairly consistent average of 1mi/kwh, so a theoretical max of 135 miles but realistically 125 if you’re pushing it. An extra 45kwh of battery, while nice, wouldn’t give an extra 125 miles of range.

GANTZ

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, Tesla, Lexus
Occupation
Yes
Man this forum is though. Give the OP a break he got an “email basically saying yo we ain’t gonna builds your truck”

Yeah many of us placed a deposit waited as our builds got pushed back or something came up with build so time added, but we kinda knew that this was new so we waited. Then they opened the shop with builds if you wanted to op-in for an earlier build. I did and I’m happy. The color and tonneau cover are the only things different from my originally build.

My opinion which doesn’t hold any value is wait and see whats new or offered if you don’t like collect deposit and pass go.

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I've seen both in person, and I am not blind. They won't be mistaken for one another, but there is a enough resemblance that you can clearly see they are cousins.
Same platform, so similar layout and dimensions for sure. Styling is 100% Toyota though. They even made it look similar to a Camry.

Rivian R1T R1S So what is up with this company? SCC

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@Asheville FYI, it's looking like Rivian's inventory is all back up, so end of quarter rush stuff is probably concluded. Good time to find your configuration.

s0ysauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I normally see between 4-8 daily in my zip code, today I saw 44 R1S in the shop.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

The issue is the complete lack of communication / customer service around this issue. I locked in a configuration in January, paid an $1000 deposit and was told my truck would be delivered in 1-4 months. then after 2 months I receive a form email saying my truck will not be produced and to select one from existing inventory. Then on my Rivian homepage my RT1 configuration went blank. There was nothing saying what my options were / explaining that I could wait for my preferred configuration at a later date. I have sent 3 follow up emails only to receive this response :

Hi there,

We're experiencing higher contact volume than usual. Please sit tight, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If this is a service-related issue, please reach out to our Service Support team at [855-748-4265] or request service through the Account section of your Rivian app.

Rivian's Customer Engagement Center

But they have not gotten back to me at all. Per many of you on this site, this is all perfectly fine and I should not be upset with Rivian or concerned about the lack of customer support or engagement. I would think if a struggling company is making a decision to halt production, and risk alienating new customers who are paying premium prices for their top of the line vehicles that they would have a plan to reach our proactively, in person and explain the situation and what my options are but I guess that is not how Rivian works.
I would agree that is not acceptable. If you have a guide, contact him or her. Or call the phone number. Rivian should do better. Communication *should* be the easy part. Designing and building and servicing a totally new product should be the hard parts.

RivRowCoach

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt, 1981 CJ-7
Occupation
Rowing Coach
So I test drove a R1T in Chicago and liked it so I went ahead and placed an order for a fully loaded R1T EV Truck in January. Then I get a form letter email basically saying “hey we ain’t building your $100K truck” and if you want one you can find one from our existing inventory.

What kind of company does this? Nobody has reached out to me explaining the situation or giving me options - just a form email. I know most of the people on this forum are all in on Rivian but this is a really bad experience for new customers - I am going to bail and try and get my $1K down payment back as it just seems like this company can not be long for this world with this commercial ineptitude? thoughts
I was a very early deposit holder and waited, sometimes not patiently, for 1549 days, yes 1549 days and could not be happier with my R1S, I could have gotten a truck sooner but wanted the R1S and I waited for the Ocean Coast interiorand am glad I did. It's awesome. If you want a Rivian and need to wait a couple of mo ths to get what you want please do.. Regarding the form email. Well perhaps a phone call or a visit to your local service center and just talk with a real person.. all the best and I hope you join the Rivian community!
Sponsored