First Name
Cobra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Commercial HVAC Service
Updated last night and all appears okay today.
Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
So got the update last night, today on route view (show current location and blue line to end location) it seems to be SUPER zoomed out right now.

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.46.0 is rolling out IMG_0784

This is just 1mile from end location.

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

whoops. spoke too soon. L2 FUBAR again. "vehicle error" and red light of death.
I had an L2 charging issue back in the summer - it wouldn’t charge on 120 or 240 with the mobile charger, nor at a local ChargePoint. The SC replaced the whole charger in the car and it still didn’t work. Then a new monthly update arrived, they installed it and it charged fine after. Assumption is that somehow the onboard charger firmware was corrupted in install or later.

So maybe you ask them to push the update to you again and reinstall?

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
I started the update to 2023.46.0 last night and went to bed (plugged into Level 2 charger). I had a message this morning saying that the update failed and that I should try again or contact customer service. My R1s seems to still work and it appears it is on 2023.46.0. The warning disappeared from the app after I started the car this morning, but I still have the message on my screen.

I'm not sure how I would try again if I wanted to so I contacted Customer Service.
IMG_0014.jpeg
Do NOT have it plugged in (plenty of charge). Their notes say "do not be connected to a SC" ... but that appears to be incorrect. It simply will fail immediately if you are plugged in at all (L1/2/or 3).

Sponsored

tomis916

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Do NOT have it plugged in (plenty of charge). Their notes say "do not be connected to a SC" ... but that appears to be incorrect. It simply will fail immediately if you are plugged in at all (L1/2/or 3).
I’ve wondered about that. I think they say no DC connection, but I thought I may have seen that warning somewhere else.

I got the update notice late and was already plugged in so I left it. I will unplug in the future. Thanks.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Completed the update last night - it seemed like it went through fine based on phone notification.

I'm not with our T today but wife just called to let me know it seems to be unlocking at home again. That setting was off but it's sitting in the driveway unlocked after not having been driven for ~24 hours and sitting locked when the update went through last night. I'll try [RE]setting proxy unlock to off at home again to see if that fixes it.

So, PAaK settings are spotty now? Do tech companies not have a sandbox any longer?
My settings sometimes got reset after an update, not a big deal... just reset it to your liking.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Just received the alert on my R1T I picked up last Friday. Hit update and we'll see what happens. I have another vehicle for work if it all blows up in my face.
Worked well but couldn't try the Driver+ lane change, too much traffic both ways from work. Will try over the weekend.

I was plugged into L2 at home during the update and realized this AM infotainment unit was slow to load on the first click of each button and then back to normal. I clicked everything at a light and back in business.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
L1 still working and tested two L2 (1 chargpoint, 1 blink*) and all is well. The Count then proceeded to use a rubber mallet on his Rivian home charger, as well as tightening the hose clamp, which is not dissimilar to needing to tighten the hose clamps on the radiator hose of his 1971 Ford, as most of you are aware. The Count also ensured the other screws were torque to the specs listed in the Rivian charger install manual.

As you probably already heard on social media, The Count's home charger is now cranking away at 11kW.

* The Blink location is new and not fully operational but since Blink needs the attention it allowed The Count to charge for free in exchange for him being the first to review the location on plugshare (but then you already read about this momentous event as well as The Count's successful trip to Farm & Fleet).

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
🤔 we’ve done all our updates since purchase while plugged in… no problems so far. ~13 updates and counting.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Overall fine for me.

I will say I think PAAK is less responsive.

I also seem to be bouncing of the yellow lane markers more - maybe because I’m looking at the screen more, but I got bumped more than usual today.

I really like the auto-resume Driver+. The audible bing when it resumes feels right. When I re-center, I virtually say to the car “you have the wheel”, then it audibly beeps back “I have the wheel”, and if I let it take over I’ve essentially acknowledged “you have the wheel”. That’s a proper change of controls protocol.

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
🤔 we’ve done all our updates since purchase while plugged in… no problems so far. ~13 updates and counting.
I've done a grand total of 2, this one would not update (repeatedly), until I disconnected the charger. Then it worked immediately. This is Tesla wall charger with a Tesla -> J1772 adapter.

tomis916

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I feel like one previous time, I attempted the update while plugged in at home. The update stalled, I unplugged, and then it finished the install.

It may be this time that it errored, restarted, and then successfully completely the update. Because it looks like I’m on 2023.46.0 and maybe the error message on the screen just didn’t clear.

in any case, I will probably always unplug in the future.

This what my phone shows. However, I quickly looked for the new Service Mode that was added with the update and couldn’t find it.

Waiting to hear from service…

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.46.0 is rolling out IMG_0015

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Just updated the R1T with no issues (as yet). Living in Bend, I won't be able to test out the lane change features until I head over to Portland or down to California - so probably not until April or May!

The ability to add stops to the trip planner is nice, although I think it would be helpful, for planning purposes, to have the ability to set the departure SoC in addition to the arrival SoC.
Sponsored