Sponsored

Spare tire service kit changed (new jack design, etc.)

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I noticed that Rivian revised the R1 Tire Service Guide on 7/26/23, and it shows a revised service kit starting mid-2023. The platform is gone. Wheel chocks were added. and jack has a built-in pin. Is this old news? When did Rivian start delivering this revised service kit? And, finally, has this been the hold-up all along for Gear Shop spare tires (which come with the service kit)?

Here's a screen grab from page 15 of the R1 Tire Service Guide (downloaded from Rivian website).
Rivian R1T R1S Spare tire service kit changed (new jack design, etc.) Screenshot 2023-08-02 180239
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And, finally, has this been the hold-up all along for Gear Shop spare tires (which come with the service kit)?
Original provider went out of business, so yes.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

its definitely changed.
Rivian R1T R1S Spare tire service kit changed (new jack design, etc.) Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 5.44.29 PM

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Does anyone have a picture of the new one? Those new drawings look much better and reliable than the old one.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So no real life pics yet?
I supposedly get mine on 8/10. If no one has posted by the time I do, I'll make a thread.

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
What a great design to store the scissor jack in an extended position. No need to waste energy closing all the way. Great job Rivian, feels like you're missing this much forethought with other decisions. Like imagine if someone would have listening to the AC compressor running at 110% speed and asked, "will people accept this noise?"

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

What a great design to store the scissor jack in an extended position. No need to waste energy closing all the way. Great job Rivian, feels like you're missing this much forethought with other decisions. Like imagine if someone would have listening to the AC compressor running at 110% speed and asked, "will people accept this noise?"
Every thread doesn't always need to get crapped on with irrelevant garbage to the topic, does it?
Sponsored